Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm a 'newb' and I need recs.

+2
Grungie
The Empyrean
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:07 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

That is true.
I love Japanese people.

77I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

especially Aya Hirano

78I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:16 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

But other than Konata and Haruhi, I don't know who she is.

79I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:17 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

I wonder if I could move the last couple posts to the anime thread.

80I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:I wonder if I could move the last couple posts to the anime thread.

I'll just move it back

81I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:19 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Bah, I can only move posts within the sub forum.

82I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Mwahaha

83I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:21 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

moca pls

japanese people aren't all anime characters

84I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I am

85I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:29 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I said not all.

The good ones are.

86I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

We do need to get back on topic. Move this to our special thread insty.

87I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:36 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

You mean that thread in the special admin forum section that you gave me access to?

Fine, back on topic then.
Recs.
Houkago Tea Time - Houkago Tea Time 2 (J-pop)
Sphere - Third Planet (J-pop)
Thelonious Monk - Monk (1964) (Jazz)
The Tallest Man on Earth - Shallow Grave (Folk)
Wingnut Dishwashers Union - Never trust a man who plays guitar! (Folk punk/anti-folk?)

88I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

The Mountain Goats?
andrew Jackson Jihad?

89I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

inst wrote:You mean that thread in the special admin forum section that you gave me access to?

Fine, back on topic then.
Recs.
Houkago Tea Time - Houkago Tea Time 2 (J-pop)
Sphere - Third Planet (J-pop)
Thelonious Monk - Monk (1964) (Jazz)
The Tallest Man on Earth - Shallow Grave (Folk)
Wingnut Dishwashers Union - Never trust a man who plays guitar! (Folk punk/anti-folk?)

That TMoE album is fantastic.

90I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:45 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Well n8 already rec'd AJJ's entire discography, though if I had to single out a few albums for someone to start with i'd go with People, Knife Man, and the Ghost Mice split.

For the Mountain Goats i'd probs start with Tallahassee where I started, or All Hail West Texas.

91I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Needs more of The Antlers

92I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:57 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

I've heard nothing but good things about Hospice.

93I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

You might want to sort the stuff in the OP by general genre.
It's a bit of a clusterfuck atm.

94I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Personally I enjoyed In the Attic of the Universe. Hospice is good if you like hearing albums that feel like one big song.

Edit: I agree with Insty.

Should I do it, or does Mosca want to?

95I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 am

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Grungie wrote:Personally I enjoyed In the Attic of the Universe. Hospice is good if you like hearing albums that feel like one big song.

Edit: I agree with Insty.

Should I do it, or does Mosca want to?
Is it like, you have to listen to the entire thing as a unit to enjoy it?

I'll do it.

96I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:13 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:
Is it like, you have to listen to the entire thing as a unit to enjoy it?

Yeah, it's like A Thousand Suns where it sounds better as a single unit.

97I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:28 am

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Can the Replacements fit into the "punk or in the vain of punk" category?

98I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:29 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Most of their albums do, so sure.

99I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:31 am

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

What about Paul Westerburg? And the hell is baroque pop? And where do I put american football?

100I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:32 am

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Ahh whatever. I'll throw whatever I can't figure out into the the "Alternative" section and you people can tell me ehat I got wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum