Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm a 'newb' and I need recs.

+2
Grungie
The Empyrean
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:35 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:Ahh whatever. I'll throw whatever I can't figure out into the the "Alternative" section and you people can tell me ehat I got wrong.

Alternative is basically anything that doesn't really fit anywhere.

Baroque Pop, it's basically when they mix rock and classical music together. Or also anything that sounds like Pet Sounds.

Last edited by Grungie on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

102I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:35 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Just make the general genres really unspecific like Pop, Rock, Folk, etc. and then keep the more indepth genre like Baroque pop, Post-rock, and stuff by the artist in parenthesis like it is now.

103I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:38 am

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

I guess it would be frowned upon if I put Grazediggaz, Madvillain, Mf Doom, and American Football in the "n8-core" section and titled the proggressive section "PSUEDO INTELLECTUAL PROG SHITROCK" >___>

104I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:41 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Probably

105I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:44 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

That would solidify your /mu/ crowd following status D:
Prog isn't bad.
Pink Floyd is bomb. Especially Animals.

106I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:45 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Yeah, there is good prog. I actually enjoyed the first Mars Volta album.

107I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:47 am

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

I'm still gonna label MF doom n8-core because I don't know what the fuck he is.

108I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:48 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I don't think much of us care since we're not really genre snobs

109I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:13 am

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Done. tell me if you see any problems. I'm gonna add more tomorrow.

110I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:20 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I added a couple extra and edited the Mars Volta's genre since they're prog rock instead of metal.

111I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:27 am

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Fixed yer broken italics, merged it with the rest of Nirvana, changed nastyn8 to AFIFan99.

112I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:30 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

There was a [/color] tag left after Temple of the Dog.

113I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:30 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Someone must have fixed it

114I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:29 pm

The Empyrean

The Empyrean
New User

A few albums that repeated themselves were fixed.

115I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:11 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I thought of another rec while in the shower just now.

Mono & World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain (Post-rock)

Well, I think it's post-rock.

116I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:13 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

moscaespañol wrote:I'm still gonna label MF doom n8-core because I don't know what the fuck he is.
Basic hip-hop? Have you ever listened to him?

EDIT: Well, not BASIC, but it's underground hip hop.

Last edited by nastyn8 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

117I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:15 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Also, lol at "What is midwestern emo?"
I'll have to start rec'ing more punk.

118I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

What is Midwestern Emo? It just has to be from the Midwest and singing about how corn sucks?

119I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:22 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Have you never listened to any actual emo music? Midwestern emo is just emo music from the Midwest. I think it's a bit different stylistically too.

120I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I have, but I was curious how/if Midwestern Emo is actually a legit genre, or just a label thrown out there for the sake of a category. Like the difference between Shoegaze and Nugaze.

121I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Nah, it's not that different. I think it's less hardcore influenced.

122I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:44 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Punk recs!

Descendents - ALL!
Jawbreaker - Dear You
Fugazi - 13 Songs
AFI - Answer That and Stay Fashionable (This is the album that got me into music when I was like, 7.)
Black Flag - Damaged/Nervous Breakdown
Minor Threat - Complete Discography (This is an actual album, I believe. Not just a torrent folder)
Ramones - Animal Boy

Genre: Punk

123I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Could you add the specific subgenre of punk next to their name? Or are you just find with just labeling them as just plain punk?

124I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:57 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

I was just labeling them as plain punk, but I'll give you specific sub-genres too.
Descendents - ALL! - Melodic Punk/Pop punk
Jawbreaker - Dear You - Melodic Punk/Emo
Fugazi - 13 Songs - Experimental Punk/Emo
AFI - Answer That and Stay Fashionable - Punk Rock
Black Flag - Damaged/Nervous Breakdown - Hardcore Punk
Minor Threat - Complete Discography - Hardcore Punk/Straight-Edge Hardcore
Ramones - Animal Boy - Pop punk/Punk rock

125I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm a 'newb' and I need recs. Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:18 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

n8's things added

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum