Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RPG Discussion thread

+3
inst
behind_you
Grungie
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 15]

101RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:32 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I don't know if my brother still has his cards. If I split up my cards and I use my deck vs his makeshift one, he'd be fucked

102RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:21 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Man man man.
Somehow I figured how how to make a Sega ID and start the download for Phantasy Star Online 2, despite not knowing how to read japanese.

This is gonna be fun if it actually lets me play :3

103RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Lol, you hacker.

I've never played Phantasy Star Online 1. I'm not even a fan of the games they had on the Genesis

104RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:28 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

You don't have to have played any of the other games to see this one looks pretty damn sweet.
I haven't played any of the Phantasy Star games, and I don't like MMOs, but I want to play this.

http://pso2.jp/

105RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:31 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

watch as you need a new computer with like 6gm of ram to play it.

106RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:32 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

:/
I probably will.
Just look at some of the videos/screenshots of it.
I mainly wanted to play with the character creator and make some kawaii as fuck characters.

107RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:33 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Kawaii is the way to go. Though I'm gay when it comes to character creations so I make a normal male character.

Disappointing I know.

108RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:34 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

A male anime fan playing as a male instead of a kawaii female in an RPG?

What is wrong with you.

109RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Sad

I know right? I don't know why I am this way.

110RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:39 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I think there's something wrong with you.
You should have that checked out.

I play female characters in pretty much any game.
Except Fable 2. Because by the end of the game your female character is a huge she-hulk.

111RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

The only game where you have a choice where I play as the girl is in FF13, though that's because:

A: Lighting is the lead character

B: she's awesome

112RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

So I'm making a character for Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Online. I'll go with a girl just cuz you said I should

113RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:24 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

You know in your heart you truly, truly want to.

114RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

the girls aren't kawaii enough.

115RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:20 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Still better than playing a guy, unless he's a really cool guy.

116RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Dunno if I wanna continue playing. I played for like an hour and I'm not interested. MMORPG's seem boring to me since it's just lame ass quests, grinding, and click click click

117RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:09 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

That's true. They are boring.

Unlike normal RPGs which are all about character development and a grand quest or something, MMORPGs are basically all about just building your character with skills and stats while grinding enemies.

118RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I kind of need a story in an RPG, or else I just feel like it's a big grindfest or scavenger hunt.

119RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:43 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Same.
The grand stories is one of the best things about the RPG genre.

120RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:16 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Is this where I come to talk about Skyrim?

121RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

You could, but I don't own Skyrim

122RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:58 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I own Skyrim. I just don't play it anymore. It got boring.

I bought Tales of Symphonia 2 today. Didn't play it tho cuz I got distracted playing CoD splitscreen.

123RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

My problem with the Elder Scrolls series is that there's so much shit you can do it feels overwhelming and I lose interest in it. It's kind of like a "how long can you play this game without actually playing the game"

Mind you I enjoyed the several hours I've wasted in Morrowind and Oblivion.

124RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:32 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

It does feel overwhelming at first.
I like to plan out what type of character i'll be, and then almost immediately (after doing a few introductory nearby quests like the Arena in Oblivion) I go join a guild that would suit my character.
Then i'll mainly just wander around looking for interesting shit and stumbling upon many sidequests. I think I have ~100 unfinished misc quests in Skyrim right now.
It's fun to run around in the wilderness, and when a little icon appears on your compass, go find out what it is.

I love when people try to say that the newest game in a series (Skyrim, for example) is the "shittiest" game yet. "They totally dumbed it down for casual people, blah blah, they just wanted sales, blah blah, Morrowind is the greatest game ever, blah blah."
The nostalgia factor isn't in the equation for Morrowind with me, because I never played it until after I had played Oblivion, so I can safely say that it has aged terribly and isn't really that great of a game.

Skyrim does have the best leveling and perk system of all of the Elder Scrolls games, hands down. It's also superior to Morrowind and Oblivion in pretty much every aspect (maybe not terrain. I kinda prefer the greenery in Oblivion to the snow-covered landscape of Skyrim.)
The only thing I don't like as much as Oblivion is the magic.
Skyrim has a better way of actually casting the magic and stuff, but Oblivion has cooler spells and the ability to create your own spells, which I loved playing around with.

125RPG Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:30 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I've never played Skyrim so I can't say much about it.

I played Morrowind first, but then comparing it to Oblivion, most of the stuff like mechanics and quests and whatnot is superior into Oblivion. When you swing your sword at someone, they actually get hurt nomatter what. Morrowind, you have to level up said weapon skill to actually do damage without swinging it 20 times. When you have to go to a location for a quest in Oblivion, they mark it down on the map for you, Morrowind doesn't.

I still enjoy Morrowind and think the scenery and graphics look great, but Oblivion > Morrowind.

I still wanna try the Morrowblivion mod.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum