Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RPG Discussion thread

+3
inst
behind_you
Grungie
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

1RPG Discussion thread Empty RPG Discussion thread Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

This is a discussion for RPGs, J and W. I might not be able to contribute much to the WRPG discussion since I haven't played many.

What are your favorite RPG games?

2RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:02 am

behind_you

behind_you
New User

Crisis Core FFVII was awesome. And Tales of Phantasia, even though I've never finished it.

3RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I should play Crisis Core, but I has no PSP.

I need to finish Tales of Phantasia too.

4RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:14 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Lol RPGs. Nerds.

My favorite JRPG series is the Tales of Namco series, though i've only played Symphonia, Vesperia, and am halfway through Abyss 3DS.

For WRPG's I like the Fallout series. Post-apocalyptic wastelands are one of my favorite settings, and Bethesda's open-world do anything model is just great.

5RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I have Phantasia, Destiny and Destiny 2 (aka Eternia) and 2 has some of atrocious voice acting.

6RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:50 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Get on Symphonia. Best JRPG of all time, best Gamecube game, one of the best games ever, best game OST ever.

7RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Every Tales of fan says that. I'm afraid it's gonna turn into another Final Fantasy 7 or Legend of Dragoon where I play it and get disappointed.

8RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:04 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I think you'll be fine. I don't think you're the type to let nostalgia factor into what makes a game good or not.

Just don't go into it thinking about how overhyped it is, or you'll definitely be disappointed. That applies to any game, really.

It really is a great game with an incredible soundtrack.
I'd post a few of the tracks here, but I haven't been here for 7 days yet so I can't. Don't look up the OST yourself though. As with all rpg OSTs the track names are spoilers.

9RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Partially why some of the older games you see me praise is because I played them recently.

Other games like OOT, I can look past it and see that there's better games out there within the series itself.

10RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:32 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

To mod Oblivion or not to mod Oblivion.
Obviously i'll be using at least Darnified UI and some female body replacer.
Normally I don't like to use mods that change games too much, though the only game I've really modded before is Fallout 3.

11RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I have the GOTY Edition for the PS3.

Get the topless mod.

12RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:34 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Lol. The female body replacers are fully nude.
They're mostly used though to make the character models not look total ass like the default.

I've decided on using only the body replacer, darnified ui, the unofficial oblivion patch, natural environments, and alternative ship start.
So it'll be pretty much all vanilla, but better looking.

13RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Suure, the full body mods can have naked males too.

If you're into that....

14RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:00 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Well most of the time the male body replacers are separate, and have way less downloads.

N-Not that I check or anything...

15RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Riiight.

There has to be a Nyan cat mod somewhere

16RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:46 am

sleestaks

sleestaks
New User

How whimsical do mods get for Oblivion? Are there any as outrageous as some of Skyrim's? For instance, the werewolf chair, posh mudcrabs, and randy savage dragon mods are just ridiculous.

17RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Maybe, I didn't really play the PC version.

18RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:55 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

That's the best thing i've ever seen in Skyrim.

19RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I found the perfect RPG for Institutions

RPG Discussion thread Atelier.Totori.491575

Atelier Totori. It's an RPG where you run around as a cute Anime girl with a party of cute Anime girls.

It's also got some good reviews on it.

20RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:21 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Wow. I was about to post in here too.
That. Game. Sounds. Fantastic.
Is it a free to play game, and if not where and how can I purchase it?

Also.
To start Skyward Sword, or not to start Skyward Sword (Idk if it even counts as an RPG)?
I haven't really played any games in a while.

21RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

It's on the PS3. I think you can find it at Game stop.

I don't know if Zelda really counts as an RPG, there's not really an experience points system or leveling up or something like that.

RPG Discussion thread 250px-Atelier_Totori_US_Boxart

RPG Discussion thread _-Atelier-Totori-The-Adventurer-of-Arland-PS3-_

22RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:25 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Oh Sad I have an Xbox 360.
The only good JRPG on this pos is Tales of Vesperia.

Yeah, I guess Zelda's more of an action adventure, eh?

23RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Resonance of Fate is good, but I has the PS3 version, and it's pretty damn hard. You have to do the tutorial, and even then it's not much help.

24RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:30 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

It looks so dark and serious and not colorful and cheery at all.
It's all about the light-hearted casual games, bro. Get Rayman Origins.

25RPG Discussion thread Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I'm an emo kid on the inside Sad

I never really played Rayman before. I have been playing the shit out of Klonoa 1 I bought from the PSN

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum