Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anime Thread V6

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 37]

351Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

he gonna get so behind. you can't outpost a shut-in like me.

everytime i listen to ClariS's song irony, i end up singing that quad city DJ's shit and i can't help it D:

352Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I'm outposting you nyugga.

353Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:53 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

because you talk to me and other people on here, and i mainly only talk to you.

354Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

tsk tsk tsk

355Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

there are also tons of threads you can post in that i can't because i won't have anything to say in.

i should probably watch those last 4 kokoro connects soon.
also last hidamari.

i think tonight i'll watch hidamari and 2 kokoros, since apparently shirokuma cafe didn't air this week either.

also, my manga shipped. luckily it all shipped from Amazon directly and not separate stores, so i got combined shipping. also i chose 5-8 day shipping, so the shipping was free. really helped.
38 dollars for all 4 released k-on and first oreimo.
i preordered 2nd oreimo earlier, and with shipping it was 11 dollars.

i feel like most people have a large amount of manga, and then a few figurines.
so i think after i get one more mio figure and that karen figma, i'll start beefing up a manga collection.

356Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

My manga collection only feels large because I have like 5 years worth of Shonen Jump before they got gay with either skipping their manga 50+ chapters forward, or changing their lineup every 3 months.

It kind of felt like a kick in the nuts that you follow a story for 5 years and all of a sudden they say "guess what? We're fast forwarding the story and making you do catchup yourself by buying the graphic novels!"

357Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:08 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

haha gay.

i only have 2 shonen jump left, and they're both from 2003.

the only manga i actually have right now is some old stuff i bought a long time ago.
one volume of Ranma 1/2, one volume of Inuyasha, one volume of Rurouni Kenshin, and one volume of FLCL.

358Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I have the first volume of Rouroni Kenshin too.

I need to start buying up the Bakuman and Rosario+Vampire graphic novels.

359Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

you should. should also add k-on and oreimo to your collection.

what a great end to another great season of hidamari.
really hope there won't be another 2.5 year wait for more.

360Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:40 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I thought Oreimo was a light novel?

361Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:44 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

362Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:49 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

If I remember, I think the light novel was first.

363Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:20 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 1JRd8

Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 1JRdx

Well yeah...
It's right there on the MAL pages Razz

364Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I was on ED reading about Tool and even though some of the criticism is kind of harsh, it was kind of spot on. Especially when talking about the song Lateralus

"fans often like to point out that the song Lateralus incorporated numbers of the Fibonacci sequence into the number of syllables of the lyrics or something, further cementing Tool's place in the gimmicky prog-rock "OMG SO DEEP LOL" field of shitty music. The fans freaked out and thought it had some significant meaning, which is pretty hilarious, seeing as the Fibonacci sequence has fuckall to do with musical composition. As if some stupid, meaningless lyrical phrasing is going to somehow make the words more meaningful or make the song not suck. Seriously, he could have used numbers from the phone book and it would be the same thing."

As a fan I still thought it was kind of gimmicky and really had fuckall to do with the music anyway.

365Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:21 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

well yeah, it's tool.

also, UTW is subbing 4th season of minami-ke Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 3392635135

366Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:00 pm

kuma-kid

kuma-kid
New User

i'll be fine inserting myself... eventually. my only issue is that i'm watching a lot of stuff that's old or just ended last season.

i mean i do have stuff this season like shirokuma cafe, shin sekai yori, ixion saga dt, SAO just ended, btoom, magi, and hunter x hunter. but those only come once a week (and not this week)

i'm also behind in space brothers

so i watched all of chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai over the weekend and i just sporadically watch phi brain, re-watching twogk since i dont remember a lot of it and wanna go on to 2 and aparrently 3, toradora, break blade, kimi to boku, re-watching nichijou because why not, and fractale.

i've also been lazy and just watch mostly on crunchyroll cuz it sooooooooo convinent. espectially since i get hd on my ps3.

once i catch up on old stuff i'll go back to watching everything that's airing.

also being held back by college applications... cant watch anime when there's shit to be done.

http://kuma-the-kid.tumblr.com/

367Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

inst wrote:well yeah, it's tool.

also, UTW is subbing 4th season of minami-ke Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 3392635135

Sweet Minami-Ke 4.

Well the interviews with Tool contradict what the fans say. Their reasoning behind certain things sound normal and less pretentious than what the fans say.

Live they have the band members in some goofy position with Maynard positioned behind the drums. The fans say it has to do with some bullshit obscure philosophical symbolism.

According to the band, Maynard stands behind the drums because he claims can hear himself better, and the rest of the band is positioned that way for eye contact because they play polyrhythms in odd time signatures, so they can keep on tempo with each other so there's less chances of them getting off track which is what used to happen before.

368Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:13 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

You're watching so much >_>

I'm gonna ignore the Tool stuff since it's from 2 days ago and is uninteresting.

I need to learn more non-HTT/j-pop songs.
The only songs I even know outside that are Weezer's Say It Ain't So, Muse's Supermassive Black Hole, and uh dat easy Foreplay section of Boston's Foreplay/Long Time.

369Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

You probably should, I don't really hear much interesting bass lines from J-pop songs that aren't just following basic root notes. You won't really get better at playing when you stick to simple songs.

370Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

J-pop songs have more interesting bass than most other music i've listened to in the past, actually.

Hey, is the highest rated guitar pro file over on UG for Incubus' Dig correct?
I know you've covered it so you'd probs know.

371Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I think so, that's the one I used, you have to keep in mind that the bass plays something different from the guitar rhythm in that song.

372Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

That's why it intrigued me.
It doesn't look very difficult and also looks somewhat fun.

373Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

The rhythm is kind of weird, but once you figure it out, it's fun.

I'm working on my cover for this months Pit Musicians thread. I want to do a good bass cover for Tool's Parabol/Parabola, but my dropped B note sounds pretty dead. I'm assuming it's because my strings are 5 years old.

374Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Lol. You should change them.

The strings on my P Bass were like 5 years old when they needed to be replaced too.
The only reason they even got replaced was that they literally fell apart at the bridge. didn't even snap or anything just fell apart.

375Anime Thread V6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Anime Thread V6 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

If you snap a bass string, there's something wrong.

I think I had this same experience 5 years ago with really hating my bass tone. I was thinking "why does this sound like ass?" then I changed the strings for the first time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum