Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gotta Catch em All

+9
inst
Twilight Sparkle
nolvorite
Volpe
Hotspot
Pagan
Elseb1990
NBK*Twitch
Grungie
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:37 pm

nolvorite

nolvorite
New User

I liked the 2nd and 3rd gen games the most, at their prime they were like the climax point of Pokemon

27Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:51 am

Pagan

Pagan

I wasn't big on three. In fact it's my least favorite. I dunno why. I'm probably alone on that.

28Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:53 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Not really, I've seen quite a bit of Pokemon fans not liking gen 3 much

29Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:30 am

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle
New User

I just can't get into the new pokemon Black and White. They force you to use all the new, stupid looking pokemon. And you don't even get any of the older generation pokemon. I'm not a fan.

30Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

That's pretty retarded, imo.
Most of the new pokemon actually look good.
They can't just keep reusing the same ones over and over.

31Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I kind of agree with Insty. I think it was a great idea to force you to use the new Pokemon. I thought it was silly in Gen 4 where you're running around caves and you get attacked by Geodudes and Zubats every 2 steps. You'd think that since it's Gen 4 they'd have you use new Pokemon.

I also thought the point of a new Pokemon game was to use the newest Pokemon, not just recycle the same team over and over?

32Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:51 pm

behind_you

behind_you
New User

I stopped caring when Diamond/Pearl came out

33Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:46 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Keeping the same Pokemon each gen would be like all of the games in the Tales of Namco series using the same exact characters and just changing the story very slightly each time.

Besides, if you really think about it, the new Pokemon are pretty baller.

Shiny Litwick is my favorite

Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Pokemon_5g_shiny_litwick_by_etherspear-d3g1oeb

34Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Lol, I've been raping shit with my Hydreigon.

My shiny Japanese Oshawott is pretty tits.

35Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:11 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Hydregion is pretty awesome.
I was going to get one in my playthrough, but saw the final evo was at like level 70 and decided lolnah.
I went with Haxorus instead.

My Haxorus after two Dragon Dances just wrecks shit.

36Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I have a Haxorus too. I was determined to raise a Hydregion, and I did it.

37Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:15 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Have you already beaten B/W?
Tbh after beating the elite four + end stuff, I didn't actually explore too much of the second half of the map.
I mean, the lowest level pokemon of the first trainer after the E4 is like 70+

I just didn't care for the other half of the map.
I didn't even go after Kyurem.

38Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

inst wrote:Have you already beaten B/W?
Tbh after beating the elite four + end stuff, I didn't actually explore too much of the second half of the map.
I mean, the lowest level pokemon of the first trainer after the E4 is like 70+

I just didn't care for the other half of the map.
I didn't even go after Kyurem.

Lolwut? I don't remember an trainer having 70+ Pokemon. Hell I think the Pokemon around the post E4 towns are like... in the 50s. Too lazy to whip out the DS to check.

39Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:02 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I'm pretty sure it was 70 or at least like 67.
I think it was a Rapidash.

40Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:09 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I don't remember this, so he was probably super easy.

41Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:13 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

watchout_badass.jpg

42Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:16 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

You're talking to an Azn about Pokemon.

43Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:17 am

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

I used to play Silver like crazy when I was younger, so I got an emulator on my phone and played on that. I forget what my team was like, but I think my top 2 Pokemon were a lvl. 40-ish Quilava named Nate Jr. and a lvl. 40-ish Red Gyrados name FCKMAGIKARP. I had to stop playing though because I accidentally saved while fighting Lugia, and I only had one Ultra Ball and my pokemon were too weak to beat him. I couldn't run away, of course, so I just quit playing. Eventually, I just deleted the emulator.

44Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:18 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Oh yeah, you invented the game, eh?
Tell me the secrets. What's after B/W2?
Are they finally moving to 3DS?

You should have perservered, N8. If you reset enough, that one Ultra Ball would have eventually worked.

45Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:25 am

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

inst wrote:Oh yeah, you invented the game, eh?

You should have perservered, N8. If you reset enough, that one Ultra Ball would have eventually worked.

At the point I had saved at, Lugia had already KO'ed both of my top pokemon, and I only had one revive. I didn't actually mean to save it. I was playing it during class and had to turn it off because I didn't want to get caught, and the emulator auto-saved and screwed me.

46Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:25 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

inst wrote:Oh yeah, you invented the game, eh?

日本国外でのポケットモンスター

日本国外での展開
「ポケットモンスター」は1998年にE3に出展(一部のポケモンの名称が製品版と異なる)。同年9月7日にアメリカでテレビアニメの放送がスタートし、同28日にゲームボーイソフトが価格29ドル95セントで発売された。これを皮切りに、世界各国でテレビアニメの放送とゲームソフトの発売が開始された。英語版(和名:ピカチュウバージョン)はゲームソフトにおけるミリオンセラーの最短記録としてギネス・ワールド・レコーズに掲載されている。
1999年11月12日に映画(日本版名:『ミュウツーの逆襲』)が全米3000館で公開され、興行収入8000万ドル、その他の国々で9100万ドルを記録した。この作品のサウンドトラックCDは初回出荷枚数100万枚を突破し、全米チャート8位を記録した。
テレビ朝日の『決定!これが日本のベスト』での「好きな日本アニメは?」というアンケートで、アニメ版ポケットモンスターが2位にランクインした
日本国外版のゲームソフト
英語版ではポケモン名・地名・人名などが英訳されている。民家の仏壇が「ディグダの像」に、道具の「饅頭」「煎餅」が「キャンディバー」「クッキー」になるなど日本的なものは差し替えられることが多い。なお英語版に続き各国で発売されたソフトは、英語名を元にしている部分が多々ある。
日本語版での『赤・緑』は、日本国外版では星条旗の色と同じ『赤・青』として発売された。ただし、『青』の内容は日本語版での『緑』と同じものである。
ゲーム内容はほぼ変化はないが、『金・銀』で一部ポケモンの出現種類が異なったり、『ポケモンコロシアム』ではボーナスディスクでの入手ポケモンが差し替えられている。また、DS版ではゲームコーナーの内容が変更になっているものもある。
GBソフトである『金・銀』までは名前文字数の関係からか日本国外版との通信は正常に働かないが、GBAになりデータ形式が一新された『ルビー・サファイア』からは日本国外版との通信が可能となっている[14]。一部の通信では一時的に文字化けすることが確認されているが問題はない。『ポケモンコロシアム』でのボーナスポケモンは日米で異なるが、これはポケモンの特長である通信交換を世界規模で行って欲しいという考えの表れとも考えられる。
DS版では異なる言語のソフトで手に入れたポケモンを通信で手に入れる(国外のGBA版で手に入れたポケモンでも可。『ダイヤモンド・パール』では全てのポケモンではなく特定の種族に限る)と、ポケモン図鑑にその言語での解説文が追加される。ニンテンドーWi-Fiコネクションを利用した世界規模の通信が可能であることもゲーム内で示唆されている。
現時点で異なる言語のソフトと通信可能なケースはGBA版同士、DS版第4世代(『ダイヤモンド・パール・プラチナ』、『ハートゴールド・ソウルシルバー』)同士の場合のみである。データ自体に互換性は存在してもパルパークやポケシフターを利用したデータのやりとりは行えない。例えば前述のように日本版のポケモン図鑑に他言語解説を追加する場合、日本国外版GBAソフト→日本版GBAソフト→日本版第4世代ソフトという手順、または日本国外版と日本版第4世代同士の通信でポケモンを送らなくてはならない。
日本以外での「ポケットモンスター」の名称
アメリカでという商標が既に登録されていた為、多くの国々では「ポケットモンスター」ではなく、タイトルの省略形である「ポケモンを採用した。日本国内版においても『ルビー・サファイア』以降は英語表記がそのようになっている。なおÉの上のアクセント記号はこのEが黙字でなく、発音をもつEであることを表す。英語ではアクセントのない母音を「エ」と発音することは難しいため「ポキモン」と発音されることが多かった。その為、任天堂の社員が日本国外の担当者にの発音を教えることが多く、結果として日本国外での「ポケモン」の発音は関西訛りになった。ただし、一般消費者は今もなお「ポキモン」と発音していることが多い。この他、英語圏(特にアメリカ)においては「ポケット」という単語に男性器を連想させるニュアンスがあり、実際に南部の一部地方ではでスラングとして通用する[15]。
中国語においては意訳が採用されており、台湾では『神奇寶貝』(訳:不思議かわいい物)、香港では『寵物小精靈』(ペット妖精)である。正式に翻訳される以前は『口袋妖怪』等の直訳が用いられることもあった(口袋はポケットの意)。

日本国外版のテレビアニメにおいては、先述のポケモンショックの回以外にも欠番となったり、一部の国で未放送の回が存在する。参照。
第4話の「サムライしょうねんのちょうせん!」は韓国では放送されていない。
第18話の「アオプルコのきゅうじつ」は日本国外版では欠番となっている。
第26話の「エリカとクサイハナ」はエジプトなど一部の国では放送されていない。
第35話の「ミニリュウのでんせつ」ではサトシたちが銃を突きつけられるシーンがあるため、日本国外版では欠番となっている。
第64話「ルージュラのクリスマス」、第251話「こおりのどうくつ!」は日本国外版では欠番となっている。この二話に登場しているひとがたポケモン「ルージュラ」の黒い皮膚や大きな唇が、黒人差別を助長するという批判を受けたため。また、この件を受けて『ファイアレッド・リーフグリーン』以降公式的にルージュラの肌の色は黒色から紫色に変更された(当該記事参照)。
エスパーポケモン「ユンゲラー」に対し、ユリ・ゲラーが名誉毀損として提訴。スプーンを曲げる超能力系キャラとして、自分のイメージを勝手に使われたとして損害賠償を求めた。
アメリカのアニメ番組『サウスパーク』で本作をパロディ化した話「チンポコモン」が1999年に放送された。強烈な諷刺が込められた話で、前述のポケモンショックをもネタに取り込んでいる。
アメリカでは1999年までにポケモンカードを巡り、子供による脅迫、窃盗、強盗、傷害事件が各地で起こった。また、多くの学校でポケモンカードを発端として、トレーディングカードが禁止された。イギリスでも2000年までにカードの流行によるいじめ、恐喝事件などが多発し、多数の学校でポケモンカードが禁止された。
アメリカで子供がモンスターボールを模ったラバー製の玩具で遊んでいた所、誤って飲み込み、喉を詰らせて窒息死した。
トルコでは2人の子供が自分のことを『ポケモン』と思い込み、バルコニーから飛び降りて足を骨折するという大怪我をしたため、一時的にアニメの放映が休止された。

47Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:19 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Oh you crafty bastard.

48Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:14 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

It's all there.

49Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:33 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

You know I don't understand moonspeak, you silly ninny.

50Gotta Catch em All - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Catch em All Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

It's called master race language

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum