Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing your singing voice?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Changing your singing voice? Empty Changing your singing voice? Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:04 pm

jglover4168

jglover4168
New User

Any ideas on how to change a singing voice? I just started trying to learn to sing.. my goal is to learn a song that I can play on guitar and sing at the same time. I'm trying to find my voice though and it's a bit hard to get the right sound.
I feel like when I sing what I hear is good, but after I listen to the recording I realize it's not what I was expecting haha.

2Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I'm not really a prolific singer, so all I can say is, keep practicing and you'll be able to keep the pitch of the song. Kind of how you keep practicing guitar so you can play it smoother.

Whether or not people will enjoy the timbre of your voice is a different matter.

3Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 pm

jglover4168

jglover4168
New User

timbre... good word choice. That's what I'm really trying to figure out..

4Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I don't think you can do much to change your timbre. You could be like Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson who have terrible voices, but it matches their music.

So it really boils down to delivery.

5Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:45 pm

The Empyrean

The Empyrean
New User

I grab my testicles.
It really brings out them tortured screams.

6Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:46 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Make the song fit your voice. Don't make your voice fit the song.

7Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:05 pm

jglover4168

jglover4168
New User

Well the thing is, I haven't been singing that long.. I mean were talking just a few times were I've actually attempted to sing.

8Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

So that really just boils down to practice then.

9Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:15 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

jglover4168 wrote:Well the thing is, I haven't been singing that long.. I mean were talking just a few times were I've actually attempted to sing.

Sing to songs that fit your voice already before you start doing different styles. The key to being a good singer is confidence. That's more of a personal thing though. When I first started recording vocals, I was a nervous kid who lacked confidence. Now I'm a more confident, cooler individual, and since I have more confidence, I sing better. It doesn't make much sense, but it works.

10Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 pm

The Empyrean

The Empyrean
New User

Practice, drink warm liquids.

11Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:57 pm

RockTalk

RockTalk
New User

I often think that you don't really need to be able to sing well. Look at Mick Jager, I wouldn't say he was a great singer but he was in one of the biggest bands of all time. Adding attitude to a song can go a long way.

http://www.therumbleproject.com

12Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:02 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I think the point of the thread is how to change your singing voice

13Changing your singing voice? Empty Re: Changing your singing voice? Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 am

RockTalk

RockTalk
New User

You can change your singing voice by adding attitude Smile Na sorry just thought I'd be starting a new thread a little too similar to this one.

http://www.therumbleproject.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum