Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I was told to do it, at gunpoint.

+5
moscaespañol
WCPhils
inst
Grungie
The Empyrean
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51I was told to do it, at gunpoint. - Page 3 Empty Re: I was told to do it, at gunpoint. Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:33 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

I've only recently started to like some black metal sometimes.

52I was told to do it, at gunpoint. - Page 3 Empty Re: I was told to do it, at gunpoint. Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:55 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Pagan wrote:It's pretty sweet. I prefer Assassins, but there are definitely some really great moments on Silencing Machine. It's longer and not as immediately striking in some songs (while others will pull you in seconds), but it's worth checking out. It's a pretty solid album once you dig into it.

Have you listened to either of the Black Meddle albums? I hadn't heard of this band until TND reviewed it.

53I was told to do it, at gunpoint. - Page 3 Empty Re: I was told to do it, at gunpoint. Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Pagan

Pagan

Nachtmystium are black metal, but don't be alarmed. They're actually famous/infamous for being VERY outside of the box. A lot of their songs are blended with other genres. You'll have black metal being mixed with psychedelic rock, prog rock, jazz, and even industrial and kind of poppy song structures. They're by far one of the more accessible black metal bands.

I've heard both Black Meddle albums and they're both pretty sweet. Assassins is their best, but Addicts is pretty damn good too. Assassins is more free formed, very 70s prog and psychedelic rock influenced. Addicts is more industrial and arena anthemic music. They've actually called Black Meddle not just because they, well, meddle with black metal, but because a big influence of theirs is Pink Floyd (hence Meddle. Also the first song on Assassins is called "One of these Nights" after One of These Days).

Silencing Machine is their most straight forward black metal album since Instinct: Decay, but that was also very outside of the box, and so is this at times. This is some of the more creative black metal music you can find. Also, the production, since they have had fame and money now, is fantastic. It really helps when the music doesn't sound like it was recorded with a playskool microphone.

If you're intrigued, they're really worth checking out. Assassins is often considered one of the better metal albums of recent years, especially when it comes to black metal. Addicts is their "poppiest" by far which angered many metal elitists but could be a good starting point for you guys if black metal isn't your usual taste.

Here's a song off of Assassins called Your True Enemy. It's got some really interesting guitar playing going on with the string bending, and the song structure, while there are blast beats and screeching, does seem very easily structured and inviting.

Here's one off of Addicts, and it was their lead single off of the album, called No Funeral. This shit is almost easy to dance to ahaha. I'm not kidding.

Finally the first song on Silencing Machine which is absolutely incredible, Dawn Over the Ruins of Jerusalem. The sound quality in the video does NOT match the album's quality, by the way. It's just the only one on youtube.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum