Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you guys learn music?

+2
Grungie
inst
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I kind of remember seeing someone refer to it like that, so I just took on the terms.

27How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:42 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

I only know basic theory. If you know the circle of fourths and fifths you will be able to figure out any key (most of the time). I learned all my theory through playing jazz.

28How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:42 am

WCPhils

WCPhils
New User

I can read sheet music but only for piano :/

For guitar I just use tabs or try to do it by ear if it's something very very easy like Green Day

29How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:45 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

I can't play by ear. Still working on that skill.

30How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:46 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Funny thing with Green Day, Brain Stew somehow has like 50 versions on UG and I love reading the comments in the tabs because people apparently can't figure out how to play that song despite it's like the easiest Green Day song

31How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:55 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Yup. It's just A-G-F#-F-E in power chords, but I think the guitar is tuned down a half step.

32How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

It is, it's just that people are retarded and say really silly shit:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/g/green_day/brain_stew_tab.htm#comments

lol

33How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:33 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Grungie wrote:It is, it's just that people are retarded and say really silly shit:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/g/green_day/brain_stew_tab.htm#comments

lol
it looks good i like it and it sounds right so 4get what the other faggots say

this tab freakin sux who voted 5 stars for this piece of crappy doo-doo crap

darkcube you are a ****ing moron.and stop whining.billie joe write good lyrics and actually he wrote wake me up when september ends when his father died at the age of 7
wisdom & eloquence.

34How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I agree that Wake Me Up When September Ends is a great song, but shit logic

35How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:39 pm

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

lol. thanks for going through all that trouble so I don't have to. You're the best mosca Wink

36How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:40 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

i only read like 10 lol

37How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:44 pm

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

And all of a sudden your hero status dropped. Now I have to find a new hero. Thanks, why couldn't you stay quiet and have me believe your little lies?!

Grungie, you wanna be my new hero for the day?

38How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

debbie wrote:And all of a sudden your hero status dropped. Now I have to find a new hero. Thanks, why couldn't you stay quiet and have me believe your little lies?!

Grungie, you wanna be my new hero for the day?

yesh

How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Jh4r9u

39How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:51 pm

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

lol

40How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:53 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

moscaespañol wrote:
it looks good i like it and it sounds right so 4get what the other faggots say

this tab freakin sux who voted 5 stars for this piece of crappy doo-doo crap

darkcube you are a ****ing moron.and stop whining.billie joe write good lyrics and actually he wrote wake me up when september ends when his father died at the age of 7
wisdom & eloquence.

I was going to put these. Evil or Very Mad

My favorite was the guy saying you should play octaves. The chords are literally just the first and third.

41How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:11 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

i never even heard the song lol

42How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:23 pm

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

you should go listen to it know. It was the very first song I learned.

43How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:i never even heard the song lol

44How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:31 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

thanks grungie, i'm totally unable to google anything

45How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Doing the work for you

46How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:04 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

debbie wrote:you should go listen to it know. It was the very first song I learned.

Me too. How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 3096923917

47How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you guys learn music? Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

How do you guys learn music? - Page 2 3096923917

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum