Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you still listen to CD's?

+11
inst
bauss
nolvorite
Elseb1990
oliver0590
Pagan
Gamrpro
Naiwen
Skathi
debbie
Grungie
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Some albums seem to fit the imperfections in an analogue format/player more than others.

77Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:48 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Grungie wrote:Some albums seem to fit the imperfections in an analogue format/player more than others.
Yeah, like I would never buy like a post-rock or modern metal album on vinyl, it's just a polished sound that digital seems to endorse and with the vinyl cracks and the overall lo-fi sound of 8-track, it just wouldn't fit. That's why The Gaslight anthem's gritty sound and Wu-Tang's underground, raw production fit better on a lower-fi player.

78Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

It's like if you listen to Paul Westerberg's albums Stereo/Mono, Come and Hear Me Tremble, and Folker, the low fi fits the sound.

79Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I just got my records out of the box and set up with my stereo system

Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 20120729122605

80Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:59 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Awesome, a lo-fi cell phone image in which I can't read any of the titles.

81Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I only have a few records, but they're all super kickass.
I don't actually have a player though, so I don't listen to them.

I have AJJ's Knife Man, Frank Turner's England Keep My Bones, Rush's Grace Under Pressure, and Laura Stevenson and the Cans' Holy Ghost 7" and sit Resist.
Also..... Barry Manilow Live :3

82Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:Awesome, a lo-fi cell phone image in which I can't read any of the titles.

You can't really read the titles on the sides of the albums in the first place, with or without the phone. The text on the side is pretty damn small.

83Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:23 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

I still listen to CDs constantly. I got Weezer's Blue Album and Alkaline Trio's Maybe I'll Catch Fire last week.

84Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:24 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Grungie wrote:
moscaespañol wrote:Awesome, a lo-fi cell phone image in which I can't read any of the titles.

You can't really read the titles on the sides of the albums in the first place, with or without the phone. The text on the side is pretty damn small.
Boy you must be blind.

inst wrote:I don't actually have a player though, so I don't listen to them.
Yeah, I tried to get the vinyl thread on UG to recommend me one but they were to busy fellating each other's collections and being cuntcandles.

85Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:32 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Photoon2012-07-29at1327

This is my current CD playing machine. I'm going to set up some Dolby surround sound in my room with it soon.

Note: Cuntcandle has been added to my vocabulary.

86Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:34 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

moscaespañol wrote:Yeah, I tried to get the vinyl thread on UG to recommend me one but they were to busy fellating each other's collections and being cuntcandles.

Lol.
They'd just tell you to go to thrift stores and look for old used ones anyway.

87Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:
Grungie wrote:

Boy you must be blind.

You haven't seen what I have, the text on some of those is like this size

moscaespañol wrote:
Yeah, I tried to get the vinyl thread on UG to recommend me one but they were to busy fellating each other's collections and being cuntcandles.

I don't think most of those threads where you try to get help on most equipment is much help anyway. It's usually full of people masturbating to their expensive shit. Like that guy asking for a cheap new laptop and they're mentioning "yeah, you need to spend between $600-1000 for a laptop" cheap my ass.

I'm sure if the vinyl thread did try to help you, they'd recommend something like this: http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/4333/33140

88Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:04 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Actually I used to spent quite a bit of time in the vinyl thread and they always suggest sub-$100 old second hand turntables from thrift stores over the expensive ones.

They also recommend the Audio Technica AT-PL60 semi-often. Well, I saw it a lot in there anyway.

89Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I'm actually surprised they're recommending something under $100

90Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:25 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

I have a small vinyl collection. All the records are shit though, so I just put them on my wall as decorations. I now regret putting my Jimi Hendrix - Smash Hits on up because it looks like it might be an original pressing.

91Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

How are you putting them on the wall?

You should check this out:

http://www.target.com/p/record-album-frame-black-12x12/-/A-10353617

92Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:19 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Grungie wrote:
moscaespañol wrote:
Grungie wrote:

Boy you must be blind.

But I can still read that size. Easily.
nastyn8 wrote:I have a small vinyl collection. All the records are shit though, so I just put them on my wall as decorations. I now regret putting my Jimi Hendrix - Smash Hits on up because it looks like it might be an original pressing.
How did you pt it on the wall?

93Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:56 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

*NOTE: I DID THIS A COUPLE YEARS AGO, SO DON'T JUDGE ME*

Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Thumbtack

I put one of these through the hole in the middle of the record. The wall left scuffs all over the record.

94Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:
Grungie wrote:
moscaespañol wrote:
Grungie wrote:

Boy you must be blind.

But I can still read that size. Easily.

not with a camera

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum