Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This dad's a badass

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This dad's a badass Empty This dad's a badass Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I agree with him. His daughter sounds like an ungrateful shit.

2This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

His explanation from his Facebook.

HOW SHE GOT CAUGHT: The Dog Did It.. no, really.

I finally came out and told her this today, partly because it was too funny NOT to share.

When my daughter made her post, she used Facebook's privacy settings to block "Family" and "Church" friend's lists. All her other friends could see it. We, of course could not.

One of our dogs is always getting in photos and therefore has her own Facebook page. It's just a cute dumb thing we did for fun. Well, the dog's profile is rarely used except when funny pictures of her are posted. Since that's not too often, and she has very few friends on Facebook, her wall is kind of bare, with relatively few posts showing up on it.

The other night we gave the dog a bath and there was a funny photo we uploaded to Facebook and tagged her in. I logged in as the dog the next morning to comment on the photo. However when I logged into the dog's profile, my daughter had forgotten to add her to the "family" list.... so our family dog's profile showed her post right there on the front page.

It wasn't any parent-hacking, computer spying, or monitoring of any kind.. the dog actually ratted her out completely by accident. She hasn't petted that dog all day today...

For those that wondered, commented, criticized, and just in general wanted to know:
My daughter came through it fine.

Yes, she's in trouble, and yes she's grounded, but that doesn't mean every moment of her life has to be miserable. She's going to come to terms with the changes that will be present for a while; no TV privileges, no Internet, etc.

In the meantime, once the initial anger passed, she sat with me reviewing some of the comments that have come in via Facebook and YouTube. One person even suggested collecting the shell casings and auctioning them on eBay. I said I’d do it if it would help contribute to her college fund! When I told her about it, she thought a minute, got a funny calculating expression on her face and said, “in that case you should shoot my phone too. We can use more bullets and I’ll go half-sies with ya on it! It’s not like I’m going to need it any time soon. And I can use the money we get to buy a new one.”

While the whole point of this story isn’t funny, what is funny to me is how weak some people out there think kids are. Our kids are as strong as we help them to be. My daughter took a horrible day in her life, had her crying fit, then got over it, accepted her punishment, and hasn’t let it (or people’s comments) destroy her strength. I don’t get any credit for that. She’s strong and able to overcome almost anything life throws at her.

Since this unsuspectingly threw her into the limelight much more strongly than either of us intended, I asked her if she wanted to make her own response video, and told her I’d let her do it if she wanted to. She doesn’t like being in front of the camera, so she declined, but I’ve told her if she wants to write a response or post a video response, I’d be OK with it. It’s only fair considering the viral nature of the whole thing. So far she’s not really interested. Quite frankly it seems she’s gotten bored of it much faster than the general public has. If that changes I’ll post it here.

3This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 pm

xConcealerx

xConcealerx
New User

Win, just win. This dude just showed how to punish your child in the 21st century.

4This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

It's funny how fast the views blew up on this. When I found out about this from UG, there were only 5000 views. Then the next day it went up to 2 million.

5This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

What happened? I can't watch the video, our internet is so slow and will take forever to dl. Give me the short version. What did she do?

6This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:14 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Girl is typical whiny 15 year old girl

Girl is mad she has to do chores

Girl makes long status on Facebook bitching about her parents

Dad finds out

Dad makes video reading out letter and explains things to her

Dad says she's grounded, then shoots daughter's laptop with 45 pistol

7This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

Shocked woh. That is uhm...interesting. I kinda have to lol at that. First comes the shock, then you can't help but to laugh at her stupidity.

8This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:04 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Yeah, Dad bought her the laptop, and he's an IT guy, and it was fucked up. He spent $130 on software to fix her computer and saw her status

9This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:49 pm

xConcealerx

xConcealerx
New User

I still love this

10This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

When I have a kid I need to buy a .45

11This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:39 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

You don't already have one? What a shame...

12This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:30 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I need to get a license or something like that

13This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:16 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

Always some small technicalities that prevent you from having fun Wink

14This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I blame the fascist government

15This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:56 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

Sorry, every time someone mentions the word fascists, the word Nazis pop into my head. I think thats just the way I was brainwashed. The only gun I own is a air rifle that I inherited from my grandfather. It's spring is so worn out you can't even kill a sparrow that is 6m away from you - you just annoy them so they would fly away from the fig tree.

16This dad's a badass Empty Re: This dad's a badass Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:57 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Well Nazi's were fascists. It's the evil capitalism that's brainwashing you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum