Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My mom has to proof read books before I read them?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ProClerk1

ProClerk1
New User

I know she is just trying to protect me but I am almost 15 and feel I can decide what I should ad should not read. The problem
is that I want a book thy she won't approve of te secret diary of
Ashley juergens and it is getting annoying. She almost didn't let me get
a book becaue of the title I like him he likes her. I don't know what
to do. I have tried talking to her but she says she does it to protect
me. I don't know what to do. I am growing up and my reading is becoming different. Please help!?

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Have you tried talking to your mom about this? Have you researched the content in the book and seeing that it is possibly not as bad as your mother thinks it is?

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

Wait, you just said in another thread your daughter is 12? I'm confused... On topic: I believe censorship is good to some degree but you can take it too far. That is really tricky, 15 is still a vulnerable age even if you don't think so but its important to let your mother know that the only way that she will ever be able to trust is to give you some space to make your own decisions so that you can prove to her that you are trustworthy. If you overprotect your children you are more likely to push them away later through all the clinging on.

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

debbie wrote:Wait, you just said in another thread your daughter is 12? I'm confused... On topic: I believe censorship is good to some degree but you can take it too far. That is really tricky, 15 is still a vulnerable age even if you don't think so but its important to let your mother know that the only way that she will ever be able to trust is to give you some space to make your own decisions so that you can prove to her that you are trustworthy. If you overprotect your children you are more likely to push them away later through all the clinging on.

He also claims to be 20 in this post:

ProClerk1 wrote:What age would you class as 'Young Adult'?? ( Book Wise)..i wnat to read some books but my parents say they might be to young for me as im 20.

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

OK, what age are you? 15? 20? Are there multiple people posting from your acount?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]