Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Associating songs/albums with certain things or memories.

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I started thinking about this yesterday. I was listening to Dark Side of the Moon for the first time in a long time, and kept vividly remembering scenes from Stephen King's novel It.

Then just a little over an hour ago I started listening to Buckethead's album Albino Slug, and was hit with a short slice of memory of eating hush puppies from Long John Silvers while watching the movie Death Note: L Change the World.

Do you associate certain albums or songs with other things?

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

People. Girls usually.

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

System of a Down reminds me of high school nostalgia.

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

nastyn8 wrote:People. Girls usually.

I associate you with Lupe Fiasco's Superstar.
Yep. Deal with it.

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

I always fancied Deftones, their music just sounds so sexy to me. It wakes up certain...emotions in me Wink Not sure if that counts as an association.

I think that song fits N8 pretty well. Razz

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Board Addict
Board Addict

yeah i do.

I used to listen to Metallica alot when i was 13 and hospitalised for depression, every time i listen to Metallica today i get flashbacks from that time.

There's also a Steve Vai song that i really used to love, then my gf at the time started to listen to it alot too, after we broke up i stopped liking that song because of her.

Dream Theater's album Scenes From a Memory brings me back to a time my brother lived at home and we hang out alot and jammed.
It's also one of my favorite albums of all times.

I have tons more but it'll probably just bore you Razz

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

I associate Enrique Iglesias with pure evil. I hate that man's music but I have no idea why. It just pisses me off.

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Board Addict
Board Addict

I can relate to him being evil

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

Steps to follow when you want to see the dark side of me:

1.) Sing I can be your hero to me.
2.) Continue that till I choke the life out of you
3.) Rinse, recycle, repeat.

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Board Addict
Board Addict

I'll keep that in mind

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

I just decided that I'm going to stay away from UG and that it was a mistake to go back there. The ignorance is going to make me pull all the hair out of my head out of frustration. Do you think yelling at the screen will help?

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Board Addict
Board Addict

I stay away from the threads that can/will turn into a shitstorm or the ones that already are.
And sometimes i write a serious post, but then i delete it because i don't wanna get sucked in that.

Alot of people there are just so fucking stupid i don't even bother to respond to them.

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

I think I'm just gonna stay here, where it is (fairly) safe and sound from too much ignorance.

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Board Addict
Board Addict

Good, now go make me a sandwich woman!

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

debbie wrote:I think I'm just gonna stay here, where it is (fairly) safe and sound from too much ignorance.

*whisper*
but he's still hereeee

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

it's OK, I can handle a little bit of it. Not UG quantities though.

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Most large sites are like that TBH. It could be worse Debbie, Linkin could be here.

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

inst wrote:
nastyn8 wrote:People. Girls usually.

I associate you with Lupe Fiasco's Superstar.
Yep. Deal with it.

Joke's on you! I like that song!

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Oh really?
Me too Razz
I only put deal with it because I assumed you wouldn't.

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Lupe's earlier stuff is pr cool.

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

Grungie wrote:Most large sites are like that TBH. It could be worse Debbie, Linkin could be here.

Don't say his name! He might hear you and come and find us...

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I kind of miss laughing at his bitch rants for someone not thinking X is the greatest Y of all time.

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Board Addict
Board Addict

I feel like such an outsider, man Sad , who's Linkin?

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

He was a member on Mxtabs which is where me and Debbie came from before they closed it for good and I made this site.

He's one of those guys who takes his opinion way too seriously and gets uber offended and butthurt when you disagree with him with his copious amounts of vaginal sand.

You can have a simple conversation like, "I think Kid A is the best Radiohead album" and he used to be normal and say "that's a good album too, but I think Ok Computer was an overall better album". Then a few years later he turned into a huge twat and would flame you for disagreeing on which album was better. "You can't be fucking serious, are you autistic? Ok Computer is ABSOLUTE ARTISTIC PERFECTION and nothing Radiohead has ever recorded can EVER top that album."

He's also one of those guys who likes having unpopular/off the wall opinions and bitches at you for not agreeing with him. Also during his bitch rants, he's one of those people who accuse you of the very things he's guilty of.

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Board Addict
Board Addict

Sounds like a swell guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum