Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RPG Discussion thread

+3
inst
behind_you
Grungie
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 15]

126RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:01 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Yeah. People seem to think all of that stuff is hand-holding and catering to more casual gamers for sales, but in reality it's just making bad things better.

You should play Skyrim since it sounds like you enjoyed Morrowind and Oblivion. It's really fun.

That Morrowblivion mod sounds like it could make Morrowind playable. I gave up on Morrowind after I couldn't kill a giant rat because my weapon wouldn't hit it, despite me standing an inch away from it. The combat is really broken.

127RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:09 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

If you equipped a weapon that was you picked from your class, you could kill them easily. Like if you picked a short sword as your skill, and equipped a short sword, you could have killed it instantly, I learned this the hard way, but now I have no problems with the combat.

The whole whining about "hand holding" is for "hardcore gamers" to feel special about themselves because the fact that they beat a game with shitty mechanics is the only thing that separates them from other people. Like FF purists whining about the DS remake of 3 and how they made the final dungeon easier because you healed after every boss fight, and the final boss doesn't spam that one super strong move every single turn. Though the difficulty was still pretty high, it just went from instant rage quit hard to WTF is this shit? hard.

128RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:29 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Oh. Fairly certain I had whatever skill worked for daggers on and I couldn't hit shit with my dagger, but I must have been wrong.

Lol hardcore gamers. They're funny to watch :3

129RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Hardcore gamers are a joke most of the time

130RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:02 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I think the worst kind are the ones that have an undeserved sense of entitlement, like every single person that petitioned and bitched for a new Mass Effect 3 ending.

If that becomes the norm, I give up.

131RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:09 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Oh God, like the FF fans that were petitioning Square Enix from releasing FF13 on the 360 because "Final Fantasy belongs only on Playstation consoles"

Well basically any kind of petitioning pisses me off. Like those countless petitions for the Legend of Dragoon remake and/or sequel. God, I was disappointed when Square released Legend of Dragoon on the PSN because I wanted fans of that game to be screwed over.

132RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:02 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

I'm late, but you should get Skyrim. It is really fun. Like inst said, it's really fun to just walk around clearing random dungeons and getting side quests. I've barely done any of the main quest-line on my current character, and I'm level 36. I mostly just go clear giant or bandit camps.

133RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I'll wait for the price drop and/or the GOTY edition comes out

134RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:25 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

oh fuck me.
I just played ToS2 for another ~30 minutes only to die and lose all of that progress.

something about the battle system in this game is wonky.
it seems like i really can't stagger anything and they just unleash critical after critical on me.

135RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Get better

136RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:47 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Mad
ugh.

i'll just go play skyrim then tongue

137RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

If you think that's hard, you should play Resonance of Fate. Easy mode is hard mode for most games, not counting there's like 5 more difficulty levels

138RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

What's the top level like then? Extreme god mode?

139RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I lied, there's 10 difficulty levels.

Normal
Hard
Advance
Professional
Hurt Me Plenty
Ultimate
Supremacy

There's like 3 more after that, so I think the highest level is "Asian"

140RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:22 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Why would anyone want to play a game like that?
Games are supposed to be fun, not soul crushingly difficult.

141RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:01 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

You're underestimating Japanese gamers.

Plus that game has a New Game+ which transfers your stats and shit when you start a new game.

If you think that's bad, you should see the Shin Megami Tensei series which made Atlus infamous for making their gamers cry.

142RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:09 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Grungie wrote:I'll wait for the price drop and/or the GOTY edition comes out

I got my copy for like, $30 about a month after it came out.

143RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:11 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Really? D:

I went to the midnight release and paid $60 :/
Don't even know why I went to the midnight release, really. I didn't even stay up to play it. I went to bed right when I got home.

144RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I never go to midnight releases. I don't get the appeal besides the bragging rights of having it first.

145RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:39 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Normally I don't either.
I think the reason I did is because I wanted to play it all day the next day, and my mom had to work that day so she wouldn't have been able to take me to pick it up.

146RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

You weren't really in line for Onipan right?

147RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:05 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

inst wrote:Really? D:

I went to the midnight release and paid $60 :/
Don't even know why I went to the midnight release, really. I didn't even stay up to play it. I went to bed right when I got home.

Used from Half Price Books. In perfect condition.

148RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I'm stoked in the price drop for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Just in time since I'm almost done with XIII.

149RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:05 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Grungie wrote:You weren't really in line for Onipan right?

I don't know what that is :/

Gamestop employees are dicks. I went with my cousin cuz he wanted a game. When they asked if he had a Powerup Rewards account he said no, but I said we'd use mine, and the clerk said we couldn't since I was the one buying the game, and tried to pressure him to get an account (he only buys like 2 games per year). So I took the money and said alright then, i'm the one buying it now. Then the dude saw it was an M rated game, smirked and asked for my ID, which I didn't have on me but i'm 20 and def think I look 20. The clerk just laughed and proceeded to sell it to my cuz for full price :S
Tbh, we probably should have just gone to the other Gamestop nearby, but it really was only going to save 3 bucks anyway.
If it was my choice we would have, just to avoid buying from that guy.

tl;dr - Lol Gamestop.

150RPG Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:15 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Gamestop employees in general just suck. It's pretty much easier to go buy games from Walmart.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum