Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Terrible Weezer Cover

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Terrible Weezer Cover Mon May 14, 2012 1:17 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

So I recorded a cover of Weezer's song In the Garage. Just wanna hear your opinions:

Shitty cover

I do enjoy that I mixed different guitar tones this time instead of just using different pickups.

Anyone wanna guess how many guitar tracks there are in that song?

Last edited by Grungie on Mon May 14, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Mon May 14, 2012 10:11 am

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

I think it sounds quite good, nice little tune. I've never heard of the song before, might give it a listen.

3Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Mon May 14, 2012 10:58 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I'm guessing you don't own the Blue Ablum.

4Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Tue May 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

Nah, i've got the green album but that's it. I should get a couple of their other albums, good band.

5Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Tue May 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Blue and Pinkerton are their best works

6Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 am

Pagan

Pagan

Pinkerton and Blue Album are two of the best rock albums of the 90's.
It's a pretty good cover. The timing is off a bit at times with the lead guitar melody but the rhythm guitar riffs are pretty spot on. It's worse for a rhythm to be off than a lead, so it isn't too bad. The solo was pretty good as well. How did you record this so cleanly?

7Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:20 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I plugged my Digitech pedal into the USB. Almost all of the guitars are doubled except for the solo.

8Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:21 am

Pagan

Pagan

Shit how much does it cost for one of those pedals

9Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:23 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I have an RP250, but that's out of production, but the 255 is basically the same thing, and it's in a sexy black case, and it's about $149 on Musiciansfriend, which sounds like how much I payed for mine. It's a multieffects pedal.

10Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:24 am

Pagan

Pagan

Not too bad. Maybe I'll save up for one and get it.

11Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:29 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

12Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:30 am

Pagan

Pagan

yikes. more expensive D=

Can the guitar one get good drone and distortion?

13Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:34 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

If you play with the reverb and delay settings enough, I'm sure you can get a drone sound. Excluding the solo, that distortion was all on the pedal, though custom settings though.

14Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:38 am

Pagan

Pagan

Badass. I may have to invest in one of these...

15Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:40 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I did record a cover of the Deftones Be Quiet and Drive, but my guitar tone sounded too muddy, so I might rerecord it with a different tone to see if my distortion was the problem.

16Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:43 am

Pagan

Pagan

A lot of the ringing notes that Deftones use in their songs can be tricky to get to sound good. I remember having problems playing Change (In the House of Flies) when I was a kid because the notes were easy; the sound was not.

17Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:47 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Yeah, the opening chords which are also the ones for the chorus are hard to make it sound right.

18Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 10:52 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Alright just uploaded it soundcloud for judging:

http://soundcloud.com/grungie/be-quiet-and-drive

I only used 2 guitars instead of 4

19Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 11:04 am

Pagan

Pagan

Yeah something doesn't sound right there Laughing
The problem I think is that it probably won't ring the way it should since it's pretty much an input device and not an output one. Amps will have that organic ringing sound that just rely on feedback, know what I mean? Everything sounds great except for the opening.

20Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Wed May 16, 2012 11:50 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Yeah, I half-assed the opening.

I might redo it with a different distortion tone and see if that clears it up. It usually doesn't sound this muddy.

21Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:14 am

Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves
New User

dat weezer

dem tones

dem 64 guitar tracks

dat everything

you should sing though

or i could sing

i liek to sing

22Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:17 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

You actually liked the tone? It's from a First Act guitar.

23Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 am

Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves
New User

it's all accurate and shit

little muddy, but it's a digitech, so i know that feel

24Terrible Weezer Cover Empty Re: Terrible Weezer Cover Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:28 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I noticed the muddiness is due to my choice in mixing certain tones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum