Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Retro Console?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite Retro Console? Empty Favourite Retro Console? Thu May 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

What is your favourite retro console from a previous generation? Smile

2Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Thu May 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Hm... tough one, I love the games on the SNES and PS1 and N64. I can't tell which ones I love more.

3Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Thu May 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Pagan

Pagan

Ps1 for me. It's what I grew up on the most.

4Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Thu May 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I missed out on the PS1 as a kid, so most of the games I love on the PS1 are not due to nostalgia.

5Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Fri May 11, 2012 10:04 am

Pagan

Pagan

That's me and n64. I bought my first in university a few years ago. Whatever nostalgia I had linked with that system is through games I played at friends houses.

6Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Fri May 11, 2012 10:25 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I had the N64 instead, I played my cousin's N64 and was inspired to get one. I don't wanna sound cliche, but Ocarina of Time changed my view of video games. All other games I played up to that point were all happy go lucky platformers, and then I played OOT and I realized that video games could be serious and dark.

7Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Fri May 11, 2012 10:49 am

Pagan

Pagan

Well, no, people forget that cliches exist for a reason ahaha. Ocarina of Time was never done before. Games were not like that before. It was the first game like it, and it changed the way video games were and are now. =]

8Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Fri May 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I was contemplated to get a 3DS to play the remake, but then I realized that I should wait since the only game I really wanted was a game I already own.

9Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Sun May 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

The N64 is my favourite, it was platformer heaven. Loved it. Very Happy Oh and the remake of OOT was good, though i'm not a huge fan of the zelda series.

10Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Sun May 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

There were some great platformers. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie and Mario 64.

11Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Mon May 14, 2012 10:17 am

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

Yep those were classics, also some great Wrestling games back in the day. Very Happy

12Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Mon May 14, 2012 10:59 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I'm not a wrestling fan, so I haven't tried those.

13Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Mon May 14, 2012 11:51 am

Pagan

Pagan

One of my best friends growing up was into wrestling. I never was but I ended up playing those anyways. I always found the controls so freaking difficult! I guess because I wasn't attune to what you can do in wrestling, I never really remembered that this button functioned as a way to go on the ropes or this one was to bounce off the ropes, or this one was to throw someone over the ropes, etc. Needless to say I sucked ass at them and always lost!

14Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Tue May 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

HA!! I was a big fan of wrestling back then but haven't watched it in years, i would still happily play WWF No Mercy and WWF Wrestlemania 2000 anyday. Smile

15Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Wed May 16, 2012 9:20 pm

sleestaks

sleestaks
New User

Anyone else enjoy Spyro like me? Ripto's Rage was my first game. :<3:

16Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Wed May 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I have the disc to Spyro 1, I should finish it though.

17Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Thu May 17, 2012 8:56 pm

sleestaks

sleestaks
New User

I bought it used a year or so after I got the second and the disc was scratched to hell. Never got past the first five minutes before it froze. Sad

18Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Thu May 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

It could be worse. I bought Final Fantasy X last year and got about 25 hours into the game, then it kept freezing on this one cutscene and I could never get past that part. I had to buy a new copy.

19Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Tue May 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

Spyro The Dragon is one of the best games ever made!! It's near platforming perfection. Very Happy I completed the original Spyro a couple of weeks back. Smile

20Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Tue May 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

For some reason I'm not really a fan of Spyro.

21Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Wed May 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

They should have made more of the series than they have, the GC/X-Box/PS2 games should have been much better than they were.

22Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Wed May 23, 2012 7:49 pm

sleestaks

sleestaks
New User

They did make a new game in the "franchise" recently, but it didn't use the Spyro name. IIRC it had a tie-in trading card game. The business model struck me as a little evil (think Pokemon cards on crack) and reviews were mediocre, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't a platformer like the original Spyro games were.

23Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Oh yeah, I see that at Walmart and Gamestop.

24Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Thu May 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

Skylanders, it's actually a fantastic game. Gotta be honest, the majority of reviews i have seen have been extremely positive on gameplay but the pricetag is obviously not liked much.

25Favourite Retro Console? Empty Re: Favourite Retro Console? Thu May 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Really? I didn't expect that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum