Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going Up ... and ... Going Down

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Going Up ... and ... Going Down Empty Going Up ... and ... Going Down Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:32 am

oliver0590

oliver0590
New User

I have scanned the forum and cant see a thread dedicated to your opinions on the charts as they stand so I thought I'd start one.

In this thread just talk about the charts, and chart music.. Share your opinions on who you think is going to move up the charts, and share your opinion on who you think is going to go down the charts.

2Going Up ... and ... Going Down Empty Re: Going Up ... and ... Going Down Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 am

oliver0590

oliver0590
New User

I'm a massive fan of.. 'Fun - We are young'.. It's currently at number 3 in the charts.. I think this should definitely be at number 1!!

3Going Up ... and ... Going Down Empty Re: Going Up ... and ... Going Down Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:19 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I think we didn't make this thread because we don't really keep up with who's on the charts much, or all live in the same country.

4Going Up ... and ... Going Down Empty Re: Going Up ... and ... Going Down Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Pagan

Pagan

I think the charts are the following:
1) Limiting casual listeners to hearing the same stuff over and over again
2) "grading" music not by how good it is but by how much of it is bought/heard (which, since it has been limited, is not a fair analysis of what artists would actually be supported if there was a broader range)
3) nothing more than business, and a palette for rich greedy label owners to pick out what styles and trends to use when conjuring up the next "big thing".

To me it's all money, all manufactured image, and anything but sincere.

HOWEVER, I am cynical and a grouch.
I know the charts mean something to others, so instead of sitting here and being a douche, I won't frequent this thread and bash any artist named. I said how I felt and I'll leave it at that.

5Going Up ... and ... Going Down Empty Re: Going Up ... and ... Going Down Tue May 01, 2012 3:03 pm

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

Charts are very difficult to discuss, like for example in what chart is Fun - We Re Young #3?

6Going Up ... and ... Going Down Empty Re: Going Up ... and ... Going Down Wed May 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

The charts nowadays mean nothing. The music released nowadays is nothing but manufactured shit anyway.

7Going Up ... and ... Going Down Empty Re: Going Up ... and ... Going Down Wed May 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Elseb1990 wrote:The charts nowadays mean nothing. The music released nowadays is nothing but manufactured shit anyway.

You can't just say it's the music of today, the top 10 charts of any decade is full of manufactured shit. We just remember the "good stuff"

Here's the top 10 list from 1981:

1. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
2. Endless Love - Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
3. Lady - Kenny Rogers
4. (Just Like) Starting Over - John Lennon
5. Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
6. Celebration - Kool & The Gang
7. Kiss On My List - Daryl Hall & John Oates
8. I Love A Rainy Night - Eddie Rabbitt
9. 9 To 5 - Dolly Parton
10. Keep On Loving You - REO Speedwagon
11. Theme From "Greatest American Hero" - Joey Scarbury
12. Morning Train (Nine To Five) - Sheena Easton
13. Being With You - Smokey Robinson
14. Queen Of Hearts - Juice Newton
15. Rapture - Blondie
16. A Woman Needs Love - Ray Parker Jr. & Raydio
17. The Tide Is High - Blondie
18. Just The Two Of Us - Grover Washington Jr.
19. Slow Hand - Pointer Sisters
20. I Love You - Climax Blues Band
21. Woman - John Lennon
22. Sukiyaki - A Taste Of Honey
23. The Winner Takes It All - Abba
24. Medley - Stars On 45
25. Angel Of The Morning - Juice Newton
26. Love On The Rocks - Neil Diamond
27. Every Woman In The World - Air Supply
28. The One That You Love - Air Supply
29. Guilty - Barbra Streisand & Barry Gibb
30. The Best Of Times - Styx
31. Elvira - Oak Ridge Boys
32. Take It On The Run - REO Speedwagon
33. No Gettin' Over Me - Ronnie Milsap
34. Living Inside Myself - Gino Vannelli
35. Woman In Love - Barbra Streisand
36. Boy From New York City - Manhattan Transfer
37. Urgent - Foreigner
38. Passion - Rod Stewart
39. Lady (You Bring Me Up) - Commodores
40. Crying - Don Mclean

How many of these songs do you still hear on the radio?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum