Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Sex Pistols

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Sex Pistols Empty The Sex Pistols Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:41 am

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

This sub forum can't be a Punk forum without a topic about the Sex Pistols! "Never Mind The Bollocks" is probably the ultimate Punk record. Very Happy

2The Sex Pistols Empty Re: The Sex Pistols Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:43 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

They were a little too before my time for me to get into them, though mostly it's because I was too lazy to try them.

3The Sex Pistols Empty Re: The Sex Pistols Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Pagan

Pagan

I personally think The Sex Pistols are excruciatingly overrated. Good band but I don't see them as this ultimate punk band.
For me, Iggy and the Stooges did more for punk, and bands like Television, Wire, and MC 5 helped expand it incredibly. Then you had bands like The Clash and The Replacements that changed what punk could be. Of course you have straight up bands like The Ramones that were just as good for the genre as The Sex Pistols were. For sure The Sex Pistols did a lot for punk, especially album and image wise, but there is a lot more to how punk started and carried on than just that band. I dunno.

4The Sex Pistols Empty Re: The Sex Pistols Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

It's nice seeing the Mats mentioned there. Still a big fan of them.

5The Sex Pistols Empty Re: The Sex Pistols Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

They probably are overated but they defined UK Punk in the seventies, Sid Vicious was and still is an icon.

6The Sex Pistols Empty Re: The Sex Pistols Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:02 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

I agree that they're overrated. They did help to create UK Punk, though. They're more influential to anarcho and crust punk bands like Crass more than anything. I'm still more of an American Punk guy myself.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum