Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you still listen to CD's?

+11
inst
bauss
nolvorite
Elseb1990
oliver0590
Pagan
Gamrpro
Naiwen
Skathi
debbie
Grungie
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Well CD's are pretty cheap on Amazon too. I think the only thing I see pricey on Amazon are video games.

52Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:51 pm

nolvorite

nolvorite
New User

I used to, back in like 2004. l0000ol
Eh occasionally I still do it but now I usually listen to music with my mp3 player or the computer.

53Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:10 pm

bauss

bauss
New User

I never listen to CD's, I don't even own a CD player, I just download all of my music for free.

54Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Way to stick it to the man.

55Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:00 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Nah bro, no CDs.
I only have like 2 that I care for anyway. All of my other CDs are ones I used to listen to when I was younger.
I should make a list of all of them. I think it'd be funny.

56Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Is it kids bop?

57Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:10 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Nah. Kids Bop was always lame.
I do still have a copy of both the first Pokemon movie soundtrack and Pokemon 2 B A Master though Cool

58Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Lol, even I didn't buy those

59Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:21 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Whaaat? But they were great. 2 B A Master is still good today. Go listen to Viridian City and try not to feel feels.

I've also got the promo CD for the 2nd Pokemon movie, that came with a few 800x600 resolution wallpapers, and 3 songs from the movie including that bomb ass Lugia song.

60Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Of course, that song was always amazing.

Thank God you didn't post the one with the vocals.

61Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:15 pm

pandaa

pandaa
New User

No, almost never. Even if I'm the car, I just plug my iPod into the aux in jack. :p

62Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I bought a couple more CD's today:

Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 63eff987d7a5677be49a20168347ec612027a6d6

Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Smashing-pumpkins-oceania

63Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:42 am

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

I pirate music and DGAF about silly moral posturing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To answer yr question Grungie, yes, but only sometimes. i'll probs start buying more cd's when I get my car.

64Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:22 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:I pirate music and DGAF about silly moral posturing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As long as you acknowledge it instead of being high and mighty over it.

65Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:21 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Grungie wrote:
moscaespañol wrote:I pirate music and DGAF about silly moral posturing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't understand what you're trying to communicate here.

66Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:
Grungie wrote:

I'm saying it's better to admit that you know it's stealing instead of being like everyone on UG who has some high and mighty posture on why they shouldn't pay for music.

67Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:58 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Grungie wrote:
moscaespañol wrote:
Grungie wrote:

I'm saying it's better to admit that you know it's stealing instead of being like everyone on UG who has some high and mighty posture on why they shouldn't pay for music.
Nah I think it's the people who buy who are high and mighty about it. That's what the "moral posturing" phrase was directed at.

This post explained it quite well.

68Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Well I do agree with the part that the industry does need to find a way to work around or with it, but I don't think people need "reasons" to pirate outside of "I want my shit for free"

I pirate like everyone else, but I can't find any real justification to pirate besides the fact it's super easy and there's an extremely low chance of getting in trouble over it, and if I can get it for free, why not?

Also the reason why I buy my music is not that big of a moral road too. I buy it because I like physical copies and I think the album inserts and cd artwork is cool.

Sadly there's idiots on both sides of the fence. Same with things like politics and religious discussions.

69Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:40 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Grungie wrote:Well I do agree with the part that the industry does need to find a way to work around or with it, but I don't think people need "reasons" to pirate outside of "I want my shit for free"

I pirate like everyone else, but I can't find any real justification to pirate besides the fact it's super easy and there's an extremely low chance of getting in trouble over it, and if I can get it for free, why not?
Because the commodification of art is for poopheads, as a great mind once said.
Grungie wrote:Also the reason why I buy my music is not that big of a moral road too. I buy it because I like physical copies and I think the album inserts and cd artwork is cool.

Sadly there's idiots on both sides of the fence. Same with things like politics and religious discussions.
Yeah same here. Sometimes I just love an album so much (Colors) or can't find it (Empty Days and Sleepless Nights). And I don't feel like going through the trouble of rigging my car audio to work w/ my iPod.

70Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:Because the commodification of art is for poopheads, as a great mind once said.

Dunno, it depends for me. If I released an album now with what I record my stuff on, I'll release it for free, or have a donations option, but if I'm going to a good studio where it's a couple hundred an hour, I'm looking to sell my music.

71Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Naiwen

Naiwen
New User

yeah, I do... mainly because I'm against MP players of all kinds.

72Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Naiwen wrote:yeah, I do... mainly because I'm against MP players of all kinds.

Why are you against MP3 players?

73Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Hotspot

Hotspot
New User

I obtained a CD player as a birthday or Christmas present many moons ago, but I never really used it. I may have only had like three CD's, one including the first Pokemon movie's sound track.
Now that I am older and a bit more into music, I would say I'll just get myself an MP3 player and use that. XD

http://suiko-kya-cross.co.cc

74Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Anyone think this is excessive or am I just a baller?

Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 20120706130034

Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 20120706130241

75Do you still listen to CD's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you still listen to CD's? Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:37 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

I wish I had 36 Chambers on tape. I don't know why, it just seems that medium fits it better, like how vinyl fits the Gaslight Anthem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum