Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moar Rage Against the Machine

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Moar Rage Against the Machine Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

http://soundcloud.com/grungie/revolver

Hurray for multitracking and guitar dubs.

2Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:23 pm

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

Oh man, I love RATM. Lovin that bassline... Sexy Wink

Fingerstyle or do you use a pick?

3Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Pick because I suck at fingerstyle

4Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 pm

jglover4168

jglover4168
New User

comon fingerstyle is the best!!!!

5Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:30 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Yes very nice dirty bass :liplick:

I find that fingerstyle is a bit easier than using a pick. For me, at least.

6Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

You're talking to a guy who plays guitar. Though it's really just a bad habit when I first started on bass. Mike Dirnt used a pick so I decided to use a pick.

Shame Insty, Mio uses a pick!

7Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:59 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Pfft. Only in some of the actual song recordings.

8Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

This guy plays with a pick, and it's one of the best basslines I know. So if this guy plays amazing with a pick, I should be fine. Honorable mention to Justin Chancellor of Tool.

9Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:20 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Hey, I didn't say playing with a pick was bad or anything.
Picking gives a badass sound.

I think Roger Waters used a pick a lot, too.

10Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Does he? I never listened to enough Floyd to notice

11Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:40 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

He definitely does in the song One of These Days.
Also it totally sounds like a pick is used for the bass on the solos in Pigs (Three Different Ones) but I think Gilmour plays bass in that song.

He did when I saw him live too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHYvprDuaE
@12:40

12Moar Rage Against the Machine Empty Re: Moar Rage Against the Machine Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:29 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

I can't play with a pick, just fingerstyl, but want to learn. I like the picking osund in some of my songs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]