Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RPG Discussion thread

+3
inst
behind_you
Grungie
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

151RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I normally get most of my games from Amazon anyway.

I bought Tales of Vesperia and Assassins Creed Brotherhood on there brand new for half the price they were used at Gamestop.

152RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

I do that too. I look around at places like Half Price Books because they usually have really good prices. Sometimes, the prices are pretty high though. Like $20 for a copy of Halo 3.

153RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:39 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Lol that's a great name for a store. Straight to the point.
Yeah that's pretty steep for Halo 3, especially if it's preowned.

Man, I know you get this a lot, but your age jeez. You're not even 2 years older than my brother. That's just so weird :3

154RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I don't get the Gamestop hate. I've never had problems with them and I've been to several all over the country

155RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:04 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

inst wrote:Lol that's a great name for a store. Straight to the point.
Yeah that's pretty steep for Halo 3, especially if it's preowned.

Man, I know you get this a lot, but your age jeez. You're not even 2 years older than my brother. That's just so weird :3

elephant

156RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:04 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

It's a lot of little things. I used to be a pretty active member of an Xbox 360 forum and there were a lot of stories there from current and former employees about policies they have, like employees being able to rent games and still sell them as "new".

Also, since they get 100% of the proceeds from used games, they'll sell new games for $60, offer like $20 for it traded in, and then sell it used for $55 so they make more money.

They're like the Guitar Center employees of the retail gaming world, though apparently you haven't had problems with GC either.

157RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

inst wrote:It's a lot of little things. I used to be a pretty active member of an Xbox 360 forum and there were a lot of stories there from current and former employees about policies they have, like employees being able to rent games and still sell them as "new".

Also, since they get 100% of the proceeds from used games, they'll sell new games for $60, offer like $20 for it traded in, and then sell it used for $55 so they make more money.

They're like the Guitar Center employees of the retail gaming world, though apparently you haven't had problems with GC either.

Well you do know that $60 is the cost of a new game, and they probably sell that game used for $50, so in all honesty $20 isn't bad. People are also whining about getting >$9 for a game they spent $60 on, but they also save the information that they've had the game for over a year until the very end.

Guitar Center works the same way. It really looks like 90% of the whining is from people who don't understand how selling used stuff works.

158RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Sure that amount of money is okay if you've had the game for a year, but if it's still in the month or even week that the game came out they should at least give you half of what they'll sell it used for.

I never trade games in anyway. Never know when you'll want to play em again.

159RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

inst wrote:Sure that amount of money is okay if you've had the game for a year, but if it's still in the month or even week that the game came out they should at least give you half of what they'll sell it used for.

I never trade games in anyway. Never know when you'll want to play em again.

From my friends' experience, they give you pretty close to the actual price if you bring it in within a week. Any other stories are people whining because they still think they deserve $60 even though the game is only worth $17 used. After watching Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn and knowing people who work in businesses that buy used stuff, people feel like they deserve getting paid more.

Seller - "I bought this for $100 so I'm not accepting anything less than $99."
buyer - "I'll give you $20, this sells for $50, so I'm not giving you $100"
Seller - "that's bullshit, ripoff!"

Also some of those stories about Gamestop experiences should be taken with a grain of salt sometimes. Since there are people out there who love to grossly exaggerate, or have retarded expectations. (I have fun stories from other people regarding stupid expectations).

160RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

Back on the subject of Skyrim (because I have nothing to say regarding prices): It takes me more time to sell things to shopkeepers than it does to clear out dungeons.

161RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:53 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I find it hard to watch Pawn Stars.
It's kinda like The Office, as in whenever they make an offer or try and explain why they're lowballing the seller so much, I can't help but cringe so hard.
Can't even watch it anymore. Same with American Pickers. It's the haggling, man. Can't do it.

Why's that n8? Because shopkeepers only restock once every few days, or maybe because they don't have much money unless you have high level speech perks?

Somehow I amassed 120k on my current character and idk how. I never sell things. I horde literally everything I pick up in containers at my house.

162RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

inst wrote:I find it hard to watch Pawn Stars.
It's kinda like The Office, as in whenever they make an offer or try and explain why they're lowballing the seller so much, I can't help but cringe so hard.
Can't even watch it anymore. Same with American Pickers. It's the haggling, man. Can't do it.

It's really not lowballing, like I said, it's because a lot of people don't really get how the used business stuff works, that's why when the seller is not getting their way, they assume it's an automatic ripoff. Their prices actually aren't bad. Plus with the internet, the prices they buy for are actually more fair, since pretty much everyone has access to the pricetag. There's countless times I've seen on the show where someone says:

"I saw on the internet that this is worth $2,300, so I'll take that"

"Well that's how much it sells for, if you sold it yourself, you'd get the full $2,300, but since we have to buy it from you, we'll take it for $1,500."

The reason why every store buys lower than what it's worth is because if you buy it for the price it's worth, you're going out of business. Plus it costs you money by keeping things in inventory.

So in the end, it's not lowballing.

163RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:36 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

They never offer $1,500 for something worth $2,300 though. More like $700.

Fine fine jeez Surprised

The part I hate the most is seeing those happy people that come in thinking they have something special only to find out it's a fake, a replica, or just not worth anything at all. Breaks my heart.

164RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

inst wrote:The part I hate the most is seeing those happy people that come in thinking they have something special only to find out it's a fake, a replica, or just not worth anything at all. Breaks my heart.

It does suck, but I can't blame the store for that.

165RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:29 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is really fun.
I just played it for 4 hours.

166RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I might check it out since it's on the PS3 too.

167RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:56 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

It's a fun game.
It's kinda like an open-world Fable, but with better character development (skills and such) and tons of side quests and stuff.

The combat is great.
I believe the demo is up on psn (it's on xbox live anyway).

168RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

It's probably on PSN, haven't checked.

169RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

inst wrote:
Why's that n8? Because shopkeepers only restock once every few days, or maybe because they don't have much money unless you have high level speech perks?

Somehow I amassed 120k on my current character and idk how. I never sell things. I horde literally everything I pick up in containers at my house.

Yes. I'm a high enough level that I get ebony and daedric stuff in chests. It's hard to make money. I only have about 75k. I mostly just clear and re-clear giant camps and dragon lairs.

170RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:58 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I think a decent portion of my money came from the repeatable post-story Dark Brotherhood quests.
I did those over and over to get black souls and raise my enchanting quickly, and then I also used them to enchant things once I got enchanting to 100.

My bow is pretty badass right now, too. 320+ damage with 30+ fire and 30+ shock damage enchants.

I haven't played much ToS2 yet.
It's fun so far, but i've been wanting to do other things instead, like play bass.
I really like that they used the same music in the same areas as the first game, with some remixes.

171RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:48 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

inst wrote:I think a decent portion of my money came from the repeatable post-story Dark Brotherhood quests.
I did those over and over to get black souls and raise my enchanting quickly, and then I also used them to enchant things once I got enchanting to 100.

My bow is pretty badass right now, too. 320+ damage with 30+ fire and 30+ shock damage enchants.

I haven't played much ToS2 yet.
It's fun so far, but i've been wanting to do other things instead, like play bass.
I really like that they used the same music in the same areas as the first game, with some remixes.

wat

How did you get your damage that high?!?

172RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:05 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Honestly it could have been higher if I had taken the heavy armor route instead of light armor (which I should have done since both get to dragon and a daedric bow is better than glass which is what i'm using).

Uhhh... 100 enchanting and 100 smithing, 4 pieces of armor (the highest amount that can hold this enchant) enchanted with 25% better upgrading (at grindstones and workbenches), and a... philter of blacksmith (whatever potion gives the highest temp smithing boost).

There are exploits with alchemy, smithing, and enchanting, that could get you basically infinite damage on items though. Would be fun to try I think.

RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 KRva

I took that when I made it. Idk why it says 316 damage. I just booted up Skyrim and it actually has 321 :shrug:

Actually, the Dawnguard DLC brings Dragon Bows. I kinda want that dlc now, just to get a super bow.

173RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:59 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

I still don't understand. Did you just use smithing potions?

174RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

smithing potions and gear enchanted for better upgrading.

you can enchant stuff for fortify smithing. 4 pieces of armor with 25% fortify smithing each + smithing potion + max level enchanting and smithing with the right perks.

175RPG Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: RPG Discussion thread Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:53 pm

nastyn8

nastyn8
Board Addict
Board Addict

inst wrote:smithing potions and gear enchanted for better upgrading.

you can enchant stuff for fortify smithing. 4 pieces of armor with 25% fortify smithing each + smithing potion + max level enchanting and smithing with the right perks.

I understand now. That's genius.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum