Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pokemon Thread

+4
carlcockatoo
loneguitarist
kingofstrings721
Grungie
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Pokemon Thread Empty Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Discuss the power that's inside POKEMON!

If you want you can post your friend codes and character names.

2Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Never played a Pokemon game in my life.

3Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

You're missing out brah. I put heavy hours on my GBC thanks to Pokemon and Zelda

4Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:34 pm

kingofstrings721

kingofstrings721
New User

i'd like to take this moment to thank my gb emulator for enabling me to destroy the elite four over and over and over again, anytime i want, on my handy dandy laptop.

5Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Which version are you playing?

6Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:59 pm

kingofstrings721

kingofstrings721
New User

red/blue, and i was gonna try the trading card game or one of the new-fangled ones next

7Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I've never played the trading card game. I do own a game from all of the generations except the 3rd Gen. I do love how I can trade/battle people over WiFi. My problem is people being fags and rage quitting, or fansites like Smogon making rules on what Pokemon/moves you can/can't use over WiFi battles.

8Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:14 pm

kingofstrings721

kingofstrings721
New User

really? wifi? im gonna look into that.......

9Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Yeah, I don't battle much over wifi since everybody is stronger than me, though it is fun to hear people screaming into the DS mic when I throw a legendary out. "YOU CAN'T USE THAT IT'S BANNED!!!!"

I did screw some dickhead over in a trade once. I sent him a hacked lvl 100 shiny Mewtwo who's moves were all Splash and named it Faget.

10Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:23 pm

kingofstrings721

kingofstrings721
New User

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

11Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

thanks to Wifi it's really easy for me to transfer Pokemon into my game without using Action Replay. I just recently found out how to do it on my Black game. Too bad my team isn't super awesome enough to battle people

12Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 pm

loneguitarist

loneguitarist
New User

i wasnt a fan of black/white Smile

13Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I enjoyed it, Heart Gold is still my favorite.

14Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:37 am

carlcockatoo

carlcockatoo
New User

Bumping this thread because I've been playing Black 2 quite a bit since I got it for Christmas. This is the first one I've played since Diamond so I may have missed out on a lot but I'm impressed with it.

I can't figure out how to use wifi which I hate :/ Nintendo systems are annoying about that.

15Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:40 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

You should have got Black and played that first, since Black 2 and White 2 are the first pokemon games that are direct sequels.

My cousin is playing White atm and is about to finish and play White 2 and it's really making me want to replay Black or get Black 2.
But I just got Far Cry 3, and tons of games on Steam ;_;

16Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

carlcockatoo wrote:Bumping this thread because I've been playing Black 2 quite a bit since I got it for Christmas. This is the first one I've played since Diamond so I may have missed out on a lot but I'm impressed with it.

I can't figure out how to use wifi which I hate :/ Nintendo systems are annoying about that.

I've never had problems on how to use wifi Pokemon Thread 3392635135

what exactly are you trying to do?

17Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:06 am

carlcockatoo

carlcockatoo
New User

@inst: I got it as a Christmas gift so I didn't choose, although story wise I can infer what happened in Black 1 from Black 2 and while the idea of only seeing new Pokemon in the first Black version appealed to me, I'm glad that didn't happen in Black 2 because half of the new Pokemon are lame in my opinion. I may get SoulSilver next.

@Grungie: It's not just Pokemon, it's every DS and Wii game I've tried to use it on. My internet connection is not compatible apparently. Would I have to use a 'proper' wifi spot or would entering it manually help? I'm sure this is a 'derp' moment but I am awful at computers and electronics.

Edit: I have since figured it out.

18Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:08 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

That's what everyone says when a new generation comes out, but after you actually play with the Pokemon and use them they grow on you.

I remember before gen 5 came out I hated most of the pokemon designs, but now after playing Black the only one I actually hate is Druddigon.

19Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

carlcockatoo wrote:@Grungie: It's not just Pokemon, it's every DS and Wii game I've tried to use it on. My internet connection is not compatible apparently. Would I have to use a 'proper' wifi spot or would entering it manually help? I'm sure this is a 'derp' moment but I am awful at computers and electronics.

Edit: I have since figured it out.

I'm not exactly sure what is a "proper" WiFi spot or not. Previous Pokemon DS games support only WiFi with no passwords, or WEP security. Black and White and BW2 can also connect to WPA WiFi. The DS can tell you which one you have when you see your router show up in the list.

What errors are you getting when connecting?

20Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:02 pm

carlcockatoo

carlcockatoo
New User

inst wrote:That's what everyone says when a new generation comes out, but after you actually play with the Pokemon and use them they grow on you.

I remember before gen 5 came out I hated most of the pokemon designs, but now after playing Black the only one I actually hate is Druddigon.

They might grow on me. I'm not one of those first generation fans though that hates every new one. The first generation might be my least favourite. Second, third, and fourth Pokemon I (for the most part) liked from the beginning. I like some of the newer ones too, like Heatmor (I went and searched for a male Heatmore just so I could nickname it genghis lol).

Also, do any of you kind of hate the concept of evolution in the games? You could get rid of a lot of pointless evolutions and it would be better in my opinion. And most of the time it's not even evolution really. For example, when Poliwag evolves into Poliwhirl, did I really discover a new 'species' of Pokemon or am I just seeing an adult Poliwag? I think it would be better if they had baby and adult forms, and evolution would be saved for when it is actually evolving into a new species (Onix into Steelix would be an example). I don't know, I'm probably over thinking something that's just supposed to be fun.
Grungie wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what is a "proper" WiFi spot or not. Previous Pokemon DS games support only WiFi with no passwords, or WEP security. Black and White and BW2 can also connect to WPA WiFi. The DS can tell you which one you have when you see your router show up in the list.

What errors are you getting when connecting?

I'm using WPA wifi from my router. At the moment it's recognising it but I'm getting a 52100 error code, so it's probably something really simple. Thanks for responding by the way, I only thought I had it figured out.

21Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

22Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:15 am

JoelCarli

JoelCarli

Pokemon Thread 407816_315968805186994_1583504540_n

I'm currently working on Black 2. Not bad, but I'm not sure if it's better than the first. Heartgold is still the best by far.

23Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:30 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Not gonna lie, that picture seems pretty spot on. I know wayyy too many people who play Pokemon who are around my age, or older.

24Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 am

JoelCarli

JoelCarli

Ages 4-12: "Pokemon is awesome :DDD"
Ages 13-16: "Pfft, Pokemon is so lame."
Ages 17 and up: "Pokemon is awesome :DDD"

though I never went through the second phase because I'm, put simply, awesome

25Pokemon Thread Empty Re: Pokemon Thread Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 pm

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister