Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Smiths

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Smiths Empty The Smiths Thu May 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

Anybody a fan of them? Can't see there being many Americans who like them, they probably wouldn't "get" them or Morrissey.

The Smiths are easily one of Britains greatest bands. Smile

2The Smiths Empty Re: The Smiths Thu May 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I've never gotten around to listening to them, but there are lots of Americans that like the Smiths, well it's kind of a recent revival of interest in their works.

3The Smiths Empty Re: The Smiths Thu May 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Pagan

Pagan

The Smiths are a brilliant band. The Queen is Dead is one of my all time favorite albums.

4The Smiths Empty Re: The Smiths Thu May 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I guess I know what I'm downloading first.

5The Smiths Empty Re: The Smiths Fri May 11, 2012 10:02 am

Pagan

Pagan

All of their albums are simply superb, but that one was the one that got me into them. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out has been one of my top 10 favorite songs for a very long time (yes, even before 500 days of summer), and A Boy with a Thorn in His Side isn't too far off.

6The Smiths Empty Re: The Smiths Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

*taking notes*

7The Smiths Empty Re: The Smiths Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 am

Pagan

Pagan

Seriously, Light that Never Goes Out has some of the most beautiful contrast in anything I've ever heard. The upbeat music with the soaring flute underneath lyrics of death and loneliness/the want to be with this one person. Just, everything The Smiths have done has been incredible.

8The Smiths Empty Re: The Smiths Sat May 12, 2012 10:30 am

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

The Queen is dead is probably my favourite album with "Meat Is Murder" a close second. Never has there been a more intelligent song writer than Morrissey and Marr.

I love all four of their albums though, they are all different and beautiful.

The only reason i said i didn't think Americans would get The Smiths is because they are a typically English band. Morrissey's lyrics probably wouldn't be appreciated over there as they would be here.

9The Smiths Empty Re: The Smiths Sat May 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Pagan

Pagan

I dunno. There are some very clever song writers. Morrissey and Marr are two of the best for sure. They'd be in my top 5 for songwriters, really.

10The Smiths Empty Re: The Smiths Sun May 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

I've never known a voice go with music so beautifully, Morrissey and Marr were just perfect for each other.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum