Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you see in it?

+4
Elseb1990
Pagan
Grungie
Naiwen
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What do you see in it?  Empty What do you see in it? Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Naiwen

Naiwen
New User

Metal I mean, i hate metal, it sounds like racket in my ears too. And its so loud we can barely regnosize the lyrics and etc.

2What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Well metal is really diverse, so you're probably thinking of the stereotypical, metal you see high school kids trying to be wannabe badass listening to.

Here's some different sounding metal

Metal isn't all just "chug chug ROAAWWWWR"

3What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:48 pm

Naiwen

Naiwen
New User

All I can say is that metal's kinda really gripping, and strongly emotionnal too.

4What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Naiwen wrote:All I can say is that metal's kinda really gripping, and strongly emotionnal too.

Well it differs from band to band and genre to genre. Clumping all metal together is like saying all rock bands are the same.

5What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:48 am

Pagan

Pagan

To be honest, any form of genre that one is not familiar with could sound like racket. For instance, hip hop may sound like noise to an older generation, and house music to some. Metal is more common because it is loud and fast as well.
There is some very well written metal out there, but like all genres, you will have manufactured artists and ones that are just plain boring, but also very good ones. A lot of metal has emotional connection, a number of movements or "suites" and not just verse/chorus, and a lot of the time thought provoking lyrics (it is hard to hear but you get used to it) (and of course not all bands have good lyrics, but same thing as I said before).

6What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Sun May 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Naiwen

Naiwen
New User

Grungie wrote:
Naiwen wrote:All I can say is that metal's kinda really gripping, and strongly emotionnal too.

Well it differs from band to band and genre to genre. Clumping all metal together is like saying all rock bands are the same.
kinda gotta point here, and I'd concede that.... but yeah, still, metal sucks and its crap music to me.

7What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Sun May 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Whatever floats your boat. I'm not a huge metal fan, but there are bands that I love in the genre.

8What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Mon May 14, 2012 10:12 am

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

It all depends on the band really, you can't just say "Metal sucks" because there are so many different bands.

9What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Mon May 14, 2012 10:57 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Well I did say that and she still refuses to like it, so I wouldn't push the issue further.

10What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 am

Pagan

Pagan

To be honest, this is kind of refreshing since I'm usually used to the other end of the spectrum with metal elitists.

11What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Mon May 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Yeah, it is interesting, most music sites are either hipsters that refuse to listen to bands that have more than 5 fans, or strictly metal.

12What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Mon May 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Pagan

Pagan

Speaking of both, I got this on UG

What do you see in it?  Picture156

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

What the fuck ahahaha

13What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Mon May 14, 2012 3:57 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Was it because you were talking about MBV and P4K with Due who's lives and breaths Pitchfork?

14What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Mon May 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Pagan

Pagan

I dunno! Could have been my profile or my Death Grips review or talking to Due or anything. I didn't reply to it haha.

15What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Mon May 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Speaking of reviews, I need to decide what album(s) I want to review for the forum.

16What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

LOL, I was thinking the same thing the other day...what album do I wanna review.

On the other hand, I hate the tr00 metal guys especially down here. They have this ultimate hate for hipsters but they are hipsters themselves if you think about it. "Yeah I only listen to so and so but you've probably never heard of them before. They're too brutal for most people." or "I'm over those guys, they used to be pretty legit but now they've gone all mainstream (when they get more than a 1000 fans but most ppl haven't even heard of them before = mainstream)" I rest my case.

17What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Tue May 15, 2012 10:19 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

debbie wrote:LOL, I was thinking the same thing the other day...what album do I wanna review.

On the other hand, I hate the tr00 metal guys especially down here. They have this ultimate hate for hipsters but they are hipsters themselves if you think about it. "Yeah I only listen to so and so but you've probably never heard of them before. They're too brutal for most people." or "I'm over those guys, they used to be pretty legit but now they've gone all mainstream (when they get more than a 1000 fans but most ppl haven't even heard of them before = mainstream)" I rest my case.

That's most metal elitists in general. Best argument for why Metalcore and Nu Metal aren't metal is because metal is not supposed to be on the radio Laughing

Since we're laughing at hipsters, I hope the world's biggest hipster Linkin doesn't decide to pop in.

Last edited by Grungie on Tue May 15, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

18What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Tue May 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Elseb1990

Elseb1990
New User

Grungie wrote:
debbie wrote:LOL, I was thinking the same thing the other day...what album do I wanna review.

That's most metal elitists in general. Best argument for why Metalcore and Nu Metal aren't metal is because metal is not supposed to be on the radio Laughing

Since we're laughing at hipsters, I hope the world's biggest hipster Linkin doesn't decide to pop in.

I hope they do now, just to see the reaction. Very Happy

19What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Tue May 15, 2012 9:49 pm

moscaespañol

moscaespañol
Sexy Coffee Guy
Sexy Coffee Guy

Grungie wrote:

Do you always try to stereotype a group that actively avoids stereotypes? Must be hard, Horsedick.MPEG. Must be really hard.

20What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Tue May 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

moscaespañol wrote:
Do you always try to stereotype a group that actively avoids stereotypes? Must be hard, Horsedick.MPEG. Must be really hard.

Well I'm an equal opportunity offender so I can't leave them out of the hate circle.

21What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Wed May 16, 2012 8:41 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

I like your PC approach.

22What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Wed May 16, 2012 10:32 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

It's the best excuse to be an ass, just be an ass about everything.

23What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:50 am

Skathi

Skathi
New User

Not all metal is screamy so you can't understand the lyrics. Metal is such a vast genre to say you hate it completely ... well.. I HATE close mindness.

Can you understand these lyrics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kObI4XuTR2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiTm0L05q4k

And why do you hate metal? why does it suck? Because you have only mentioned the vocals. There are so many bands with clean vocals, vocals you can hear and understand, so why write off metal as a genre, when you don't even understand it.

http://www.metaltavern.com

24What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Naiwen

Naiwen
New User

Grungie wrote:Whatever floats your boat. I'm not a huge metal fan, but there are bands that I love in the genre.
Whats your fav titles in the genre? Or artists?

25What do you see in it?  Empty Re: What do you see in it? Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Naiwen wrote:
Grungie wrote:Whatever floats your boat. I'm not a huge metal fan, but there are bands that I love in the genre.
Whats your fav titles in the genre? Or artists?

I'm a fan of Tool, I also like Alternative metal bands like Chevelle and some Nu Metal bands like the Deftones. Though the status of Chevelle and the Detones being metal varies from who you talk to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum