You are not connected. Please login or register

Wind Instrumentists?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Wind Instrumentists? on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Naiwen

avatar
New User
I love wind instruments, yet not able to play them. Why? Because sometimes I'm short of breath, plus I got some breathing and heart conditions, hence why not able to play them. But flute's a lovely instrument to play, the sound emanating from it is attractive too.



Last edited by Naiwen on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Wind Instrumentists? on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:21 am

Grungie

avatar
Admin
Admin
I would say it's all practice to increase your breath capacity, but I'm not sure if you can overcome breathing problems unless that just takes super practice. I do remember getting short of breath initially when I played the trombone which is another one of those instruments that require lots of breath.


_______________
"Most people will be turned off by it, but there's bound to be fans of it."

"I am a great person. I do not bathe in the sun, the sun bathes in me."

View user profile

3 Re: Wind Instrumentists? on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am

Naiwen

avatar
New User
Grungie wrote:I would say it's all practice to increase your breath capacity, but I'm not sure if you can overcome breathing problems unless that just takes super practice. I do remember getting short of breath initially when I played the trombone which is another one of those instruments that require lots of breath.
what if you got asthma or something real severe or critical?

View user profile

4 Re: Wind Instrumentists? on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:34 am

Grungie

avatar
Admin
Admin
Not sure really. You might get away with asthma, but if it's really severe or critical I would consult a doctor.


_______________
"Most people will be turned off by it, but there's bound to be fans of it."

"I am a great person. I do not bathe in the sun, the sun bathes in me."

View user profile

5 Re: Wind Instrumentists? on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:59 am

Skathi

avatar
New User
I have asthma and i'm learning the Tin Whistle. It doesn't effect me, but then I don't over excert myself.

View user profile http://www.metaltavern.com

6 Re: Wind Instrumentists? on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Naiwen

avatar
New User
Skathi wrote:I have asthma and i'm learning the Tin Whistle. It doesn't effect me, but then I don't over excert myself.
whats that instrument? never heard of it before?

View user profile

7 Re: Wind Instrumentists? on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:03 am

Grungie

avatar
Admin
Admin
it's that little piccolo sounding instrument you hear in Celtic music, and in Lord of the Rings.


_______________
"Most people will be turned off by it, but there's bound to be fans of it."

"I am a great person. I do not bathe in the sun, the sun bathes in me."

View user profile

8 Re: Wind Instrumentists? on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Naiwen

avatar
New User
Yep, irish people use it a lot in their music and other compositions.

View user profile

9 Re: Wind Instrumentists? on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:27 pm

biasa199

avatar
New User
Naiwen wrote:
Grungie wrote:I would say it's all practice to increase your breath capacity, but I'm not sure if you can overcome breathing problems unless that just takes super practice. I do remember getting short of breath initially when I played the trombone which is another one of those instruments that require lots of breath.
what if you got asthma or something real severe or critical?

I have asthma, yet I still play the sax. No difference.

View user profile

10 Re: Wind Instrumentists? on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:24 am

debbie

avatar
Prime Minister
Prime Minister
OK, so you play piano and sax, what other instruments do you play?

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum