Music Talk Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone remember...

+6
ATiRAGEPRO
Skathi
Jay
debbie
Grungie
agentmanningctu
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Does anyone remember... Empty Does anyone remember... Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:28 pm

agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
New User

Anyone remember playing the recorder in elementary school? It's probably the worst instrument ever made. It's like an obnoxious version of a flute. I'm currently having to learn to play again.

2Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I had to learn it in music class in junior high. I learned how to play mary had a little lamb and jingle bells.

3Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:18 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

I luckily skipped that phase, that is one of the few instruments that work on my nerves.

4Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Recorder? Never heard of it.

5Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Does anyone remember... 21ACNV3RG4L._SS400_

This shit.

Last edited by Grungie on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

6Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:00 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

How is it possible that you've never heard of a recorder before?? Did you have another name for it?

7Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:02 am

Jay

Jay
New User

I can remember playing it.

I can actually remember begging the music teacher at school to teach me London's Burning...

Fun times!

8Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:26 am

debbie wrote:How is it possible that you've never heard of a recorder before?? Did you have another name for it?
Yep, flute.

@grungie: I'm not changing my sig, nothing is wrong with it. It's petty to worry over shit like that.

9Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:24 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

sum41rox wrote:
debbie wrote:How is it possible that you've never heard of a recorder before?? Did you have another name for it?
Yep, flute.

@grungie: I'm not changing my sig, nothing is wrong with it. It's petty to worry over shit like that.

Nah bro this is a flute:
Does anyone remember... Silver-flute-6

10Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

Flute sounds way better than a recorder and it is played differently

11Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:16 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

debbie wrote:Flute sounds way better than a recorder and it is played differently

like this?

12Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:39 pm

debbie wrote:Flute sounds way better than a recorder and it is played differently

then I have never heard of a recorder before.

13Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Skathi

Skathi
New User

First instrument I ever learn't actually quite enjoyed it. But then I love traditional and medieval songs.

http://www.metaltavern.com

14Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:42 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

I think I just hated it because I sucked at it and it sounds like ass when a bunch of newbies play it

15Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:32 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

Still don't like the recorder, even if its played by a pro.

16Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 am

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

17Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:38 pm

ATiRAGEPRO

ATiRAGEPRO
New User

That's strange. I never had to learn that in music class at all back then. You just pick an instrument and just use it back in my day.

Why would that ever be a requirement or aid for learning anything other than a breath instrument? It has nothing to do with percussion, strings, or piano other than the fact that it could hit similar notes!

18Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Dunno, my elementary school did it, and I've seen it in other schools. Usually it's either piano or a recorder

19Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

Yeah I also had to play a recorder in elementary school.

We also had to learn a bit of this style of harpsichord.
Does anyone remember... 09393%20Harpsichord

20Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Grungie

Grungie
Admin
Admin

Damn bro, I've never heard of that. Sounds like some medieval shit.

21Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 am

debbie

debbie
Prime Minister
Prime Minister

What the hell is that thing? Can you use it for time travel?

22Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 am

inst

inst
Forum Boss
Forum Boss

I think so, but only if you really really believe.

23Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Hotspot

Hotspot
New User

I remember playing it, I actually had to play it for two years, as I was left back because of my bad eyesight, allergies and bullies.
It wasn't very fun! XD
For some reason, someone gave me a Pokemon one with songs from the Anime and a plain old non pokemon like recorder.... I never used it either since I didn't care for it.

http://suiko-kya-cross.co.cc

24Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:50 am

carlcockatoo

carlcockatoo
New User

Oh why did I have to be reminded of this? It was mandatory in the fourth grade and I didn't want anything to do with music for years after that.

25Does anyone remember... Empty Re: Does anyone remember... Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:19 pm

kuma-kid

kuma-kid
New User

Does anyone remember... SKSTQ

OH... OH MY GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THAT AWFUL PIECE OF CRAP! that thing is a nightmare in the hands of children!

4th grade

EVERYONE had to learn. and my school didn't let us take them home to practice so we basically just sounded horrible forever. they even had us practice in the auditorium which had echoes so crazy that your footsteps sounded like gunshots. so imagine what 32 recorders sounded like.

http://kuma-the-kid.tumblr.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum